Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, i,m seeking some advise on my 98 vn 1500 classic so any info would be a real bonus, when i reach the top of each gear there seems to be a dull rattle from the engine (i think) is this normal or have i got problems. sorry its not a more detailed discription,thanks for any ideas u have

·
Registered
837 Posts
hi twopara...welcome to the forum...have you checked around the bike for a loose bolt or something that could vibrate loose...have you noticed it before or did it just show up all of a sudden..check your oil for any metal particals or change it and see if it fixes the problem..really not enough info but heres a good start... :wink:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that noise

Thanks for the reply guys, i have checked for anything loose on the bike but everything seems ok. i allways use 98% octane fuel as our normal unleaded is rubish i wish i could give a better discrption of the noise but its hard to explain. The bike seems to run fine but i will have it checked by the local kawasaki dealer and i will let you know the outcome for future reference,hopefully its nothing to drastic,thanks again and stay safe. ps the oil was changed 2000 ks ago(1250 m ) so should be ok?and only had the bike a few weeks so cant be sure if its been that way for a while

1 - 4 of 4 Posts