Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
8) just bought 04 mean streak my first street bike always had dirt bikes engine seems noisy low knocking sound dealer says its normal is this true

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Welcome to the wondeful world of v-twins. They make noise. Usually, it's all good. Enjoy the Meanie, great bike.

·
Registered
837 Posts
yep..thats a kawi alright..but you'll get used to it and love it :wink:

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
I still sometimes think its making a bit too much noise. When it doesn't tick...start worrying

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

the noise is what sets us apart! :lol:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had the same problem. Moving from dirt bikes to a v-twin. You just have to realize that there are a LOT more moving parts in a v-twin 4-stroke motorcycle than your average 2-stroke dirt bike.

I've got an 04 meanie too. Just twist the throttle and listen to the wind and you won't notice any other noise...except maybe sirens...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Switching from a GL1800, which makes NO noise when idling, to a Nomad has taken some getting used to!! I though my Nomad was ready to seize up or fly apart, but I guess that's the way they sound, case closed.

Just don't run that sucker at low rpm's , if you catch my drift...... :wink:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info

Thanks to all who replied. I've been riding and luvin it! Guess I'll get used to the noise :twisted:

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's amazing how many of the things I have noticed about my "new" 02 mean streak that I read about here on this forum. I too was concerned about the amount of engine noise thinking maybe something was wrong or that the previous owner had abused it. When I took the bike in for state safety inspection, I asked the shop owner about it, and after listening to it, he said it sounded completely normal. Your observations further confirm this. So I'm going to ignore it and just enjoy the ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts