Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a bike (Nomad, Classic ect.) with the 1700 engine? I was wondering how that engine performs. I have had a Nomad 1600 and it was great other than a bit light on power. I now have a VN2000 which has tremedous power and comfort but also has engine noise. How does the 1700 rate?

·
Registered
5 Posts
HS...
I've just gone over 800 miles on my 1700 Nomad and although I'm still in a break-in mode, I've rolled-on the throttle a couple times and was quite happy with the "thrust". The V-Twin engine seems to run quiet enough; however, there was a little "whine" that seemed to go away after the belt was adjusted at the 600 mile check. I really don't have a similar size bike to compare this with (previously had a C50T Bully), but I have been impressed with this machine. Not sure this helps a lot, but I'll try to report back when I've put a few more miles on this one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got my 1700 (300 miles) and compared to other big bikes I have rode, this one has plenty of power and doesn't have all that much engine noise.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I just got my 1700 (300 miles) and compared to other big bikes I have rode, this one has plenty of power and doesn't have all that much engine noise.
Welcome aboard,
What other bikes are you comparing the 1700 too?
BTW, have nearly 1700 miles on mine and I love it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the welcome,
I have riden a couple of Road Kings, C109, M109, Fatboy etc. I also have a 06 VN900 Classic, I have over 20,000 miles it, other than tires and oil changes haven't had any problems with it, it's a great bike too. I was looking at the V2K before I decided on the 1700, Glad I got the Nomad, it is everything i could ask for, love it!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts