Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help here on which year is the best year for the Nomad from 2005 through 2008. I want to buy one of these Nomads and have tried to discern some significant differences between the Nomads in those four production years. I don't want to buy a 2009. So I would appreciate some knowledgeable information about significant differences, if any, in these four years and if there is any really any good reason to select one year over another. One gentleman told me that Kawasaki has totally changed the engine, drive train, and looks since he had bought his in my 2005. I can see that in the 2009 model, but I am not sure he is saying that about the 2006, 2007, and 2008. I need better and more specific information.

·
2007 900 Classic
2,517 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I am sure some of the nomad folks will chime in, but answers may be slow due to holidays.

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
Not really any real difference in those model years. For 09, they came out with a new 1700 motor and changed the frame, etc as well. Kawi generally didn't vary more than colors over the years. I'd say buy which ever one you can get a the best price and lowest mileage.

·
Custom '07 1500 Classic
1,737 Posts
The primary differences between those years was the color, other than that not enough was changed to make a difference. As with many other manufacturers Kawasaki will build the exact same bike for a number of years and only make cosmetic changes (paint) from one year to the next. In the case of the 1600 Nomad from 05-08 that's about the only thing that was done. Same motor, same drive system, same electronics, same ergonomics, same tires.

Good luck, they are great bikes......

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have been thinking about finding a lower cost Nomad if I can as well. I found this site: KawaNOW | Kawasaki Nomad Voyager which covers year to year. I too decided on 2005 and later due to the backrest and changed seat. 2009 introduces some changes with the bags from side opening to top (which I would prefer) and the larger engine. Have not really dug through it anymore than glancing at it quickly but that is what I see.

·
Wind Eater
4 Posts
Cruise did not come to the nomads as a factory option till the 2009's I believe. I bought mine in 08 new and it did not have it or offer it as an option.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Yea! Great bike for travelling. I have the 06 Nomad with 31K on it and it just broke in at 25K. I think you could run these things forever with normal maintenance. later the better and don't be afraid of any bike with miles on it if you know the maintenance has been done.

·
Wind Eater
4 Posts
Love this bike. reminds me of an old 42 fleetline car. Got close to 20,000 Km on it (12000 miles for you standard folks) since getting it in 08. Hauled a homemade little trailer last year to wherever we wanted to go mostly the mountains and it handled and pulled like a dream. Trailer was loaded up full and bike did not flinch once.
starting to get brave with it now. Messing around with the FI and the exhaust settings. Gadget page my favorite how to place to get some ideas. Latest project is to get rid of that air cleaner set up and go something much more practical and better looking. Got most of it working without left side cover end of last year and will dress it up and tweak this spring. Cant come soon enough.

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
Not to steal the thunder from BTK (this is a great and valuable forum) the Kawanow tends to have more of a community feel.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts