Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Off THE KICKSTAND
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased one of these backrests on ebay? Im thinking of getting one and was wondering about the quality.

Kawasaki 1600 Nomad or Vulcan Classic Driver Backrest
Kawasaki Vulcan or Nomad Driver's Backrest Item number: 220189109838

·
Registered
297 Posts
That is like the one my friend put on his and he paid a lot more than that. He absolutely loves his!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I bought a backrest new off ebay for $43 and it look's good. I took my old fire and steal off because the mounting bracket's in the bend were turning a little gold looking, in the center of the bend.

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
Looks like a nice affordable product. A few questions though. How does it install? Is it adjustable, up/down, forward/back? can you adjust the angle of the actual pad?

·
08 Victory/12 Victory CCT
1,315 Posts
If you can afford it I would go with a mustang seat with backrest built into the seat.

·
President, L7 Club
462 Posts
I have that backrest. Actually, that backrest in particular since that's a picture of my bike! Grasshopper Limited makes it (Dakals, on this site). He also made mine for my C50T. It is a heckuva well made product and a great value.

Installation takes all of 5 minutes: remove pillion, remove driver seat bolt, install backrest bracket (or "sleeve") and re-install bolt and pillion. Done. The backrest slides into the "sleeve" of the bracket. The bracket is not visible when the backrest is not installed. Backrest also fits easily into the stock hardbags with plenty of room to spare.

No, it's not adjustable, but it is large enough that it's going to hit 99% of riders right where it needs to: in the lower back for that support.

FWIW, I can attest to Lonnie's product and his dedication to fellow m/c riders, being one himself. And no, I don't have any financial ties or incentives tied to this product. It's just a darn good product at (finally) an affordable price. Made by a rider for riders.

Best,
Daryl

·
President, L7 Club
462 Posts
If you can afford it I would go with a mustang seat with backrest built into the seat.

Mustang is a fine product, but be advised that your seat height will go up about 1"-1.5" with the Mustang. It's just how they're made.

DS

1 - 9 of 9 Posts