Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was surfing around ebay and came accross this. These backrests will fit the 1600 Vulcan Classic 2003 and up or the Nomad 2005 and up.

Nomad Backrest

Some additional pictures of the item:
Pictures of the backrest

It looks like a good product but I'd like to get some opinions.

Let me know what you think. :D

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm wandering the same thing. do a search on grasshopper motorcycle back rest or something like that. It made to be used with the stock seat.

·
President, L7 Club
462 Posts
TyGuy,

Yes, that's right! That is my bike with the GrassHopper backrest from Lonnie. I have used his product previously on my Suzuki C50T and loved it. This is no exception, as the ergonomics, ease of installation, and simplicity of design are just as good as the previous one I had. Plus, Lonnie is a heckuva good guy who will work with you should you have any concerns or issues with his product.

FWIW, I highly recommend his product... and no, I have no business, personal or financial ties to him or his product. It's just a darn good product and I like to spread the word to brother and sister riders.

Ride safely,

Daryl

·
President, L7 Club
462 Posts
I'm wandering the same thing. do a search on grasshopper motorcycle back rest or something like that. It made to be used with the stock seat.
Yes, I use it with my stock seat... as shown on my bike in the pix! My bike is a black 2006 Nomad 1600. There are pix as a solo seat, driver seat & passenger seat, and fully dressed...

Daryl8)

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I have a Lonnie's on my C50 as well, it's real nice. I emailed him about availability for the 1500 Classic, he said he doesn't have one yet. :(

·
Registered
59 Posts
I sit so far back in the seat I use the pillion as a low backrest. How much forward does this push you? Does anyone have one? I like the Utopia, it can be adjusted back but you basically have to re upholster the pillion to install.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So... I ordered one since you guys have confirmed its a good product. Thanks for all the responses, I'll update the thread with pictures and a review of some kind.

The nice thing about the backrest is not having hold on when riding without a windsheild, and its nice to kick up onto the highway pegs with something to lean against.

Happy new year!

·
President, L7 Club
462 Posts
I have one of Lonnie's backrests on my 1600 Nad. It doesn't push you forward, it just sits you upright, which alleviates the lower back fatigue. It's also well padded and so it's very comfortable, IMO.

DS

I sit so far back in the seat I use the pillion as a low backrest. How much forward does this push you? Does anyone have one? I like the Utopia, it can be adjusted back but you basically have to re upholster the pillion to install.

·
President, L7 Club
462 Posts
The nice thing about the backrest is not having hold on when riding without a windsheild, and its nice to kick up onto the highway pegs with something to lean against.

Amen! With or w/o a windscreen, this backrest will sit you upright and relieve that lower back. Enjoy!

Daryl

1 - 11 of 11 Posts