Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Checking To See What Everbody Thinks About Cobra True Duals Exhaust,been Thinking About Putting Them On My 07 Nomad.can Get A Great Deal On Them From Xtremerevolution This Weekend. Have Also Been Told That The Kaw Fuel Injection System Can Handle Mods With Out Using A Pc3 Or Fi-2000r. Any Suggestions Or Thoughts Would Be Nice. Have A Happy Holiday Weekend Everybody.

·
Still Kickin
149 Posts
Just Checking To See What Everbody Thinks About Cobra True Duals Exhaust,been Thinking About Putting Them On My 07 Nomad.can Get A Great Deal On Them From Xtremerevolution This Weekend. Have Also Been Told That The Kaw Fuel Injection System Can Handle Mods With Out Using A Pc3 Or Fi-2000r. Any Suggestions Or Thoughts Would Be Nice. Have A Happy Holiday Weekend Everybody.
I have an 07 Nomad too. I have never heard a set of Cobra duals so I can't help you there. I put a set of Roadhouse pipes on mine. They are pricey and although I've never had any reason to contact them, I've heard their customer service is not the best. I do love the sound.

I have read lots of post here that say you don't need a fuel injection module with only a pipe installation. That's probably true in most cases, but my Nomad needed one from the factory. The throttle responce was poor and it pinged pretty bad. Especially during a slow roll on the throttle from idle, it would hesitate and then jerk. Smooth shifts were very difficult. I installed a Techlusion TFI with the stock pipes and there was a huge improvement. Most people that have new Nomads say they are great from the factory, but there are a few like mine that have this issue.

Mike

·
Registered
297 Posts
I think that you'll be disappointed with the Cobra pipes. Have heard them before and they just don't roar like they should. A buddy of mine put the V&H duals on his and it sounds great. Phatperformanceparts.com has the best price on V&H. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I've got the V&H baggers and would like to have the Cobra True Duals. Looks and sound better. I know a few people with V&H pipes that have cracked. Good Luck

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I had a freind that had the dual baggers on his 01 Nomad before he got his Roadking. I rode behind him many miles and didn't like the sound. I think it's because there is no cross over pipe. Now I rode behind a 1500 with vance and hinds long shots and it sounded killer,no crossover?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts