Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple days of design and machining and this is what I came up with for pegs. I wanted to stay away from the usual type of pegs that mount on the crash bars. Didn't want them to stick to far out. Not finished yet..still have some polishing to do but couldn't wait to post pics.:-D :-D :-D

·
President, L7 Club
462 Posts
AWESOME work!!! Now THAT's what I call "modification". Nothing like a 1-off, self-made part to set your bike apart from the rest. GREAT job...

DS

·
Post 340 Riders
107 Posts
Looking at the second picture makes it look like you won't ever lean far enough to scrape your floorboards anymore. Wondering how far (inches) below the frame the bracket really hangs.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking at the second picture makes it look like you won't ever lean far enough to scrape your floorboards anymore. Wondering how far (inches) below the frame the bracket really hangs.
Bracket runs parrell to the frame with a distance of 1" and 1/2" down at the back of the bracket. I took a yard stick and check on the lean angle..plenty of room. If I was to scrape..I should give my self a smack on the back of my head..go straight home..park the nomad..and fire up my 1100 ninja:D

·
Rebel Rider
3,646 Posts
Oh yeah, they are going to scrape and your lean angle is very much reduced. They will touch down way before the touch down acorns on the boards.

That is unless you never make a turn.

·
Live Long & Prosper
556 Posts
A couple days of design and machining and this is what I came up with for pegs. I wanted to stay away from the usual type of pegs that mount on the crash bars. Didn't want them to stick to far out. Not finished yet..still have some polishing to do but couldn't wait to post pics.:-D :-D :-D
I'd definitely put that in the category of "custom". Probably won't be bumping into another bike with that look. Very nice work!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh yeah, they are going to scrape and your lean angle is very much reduced. They will touch down way before the touch down acorns on the boards.

That is unless you never make a turn.
Here is another angle..no clearence problems. I wouldn't have taken the time to make them without checking out every scenerio. The pegs also fold up when not using them.

·
Power Hungry V2K Rider
6,395 Posts
Man, them is sweet. Love the look and the funciton. Wish I had the skills.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts