1)There is no petcock on a EFI bikeHello there, I got a 07 Nomad a couple months ago, and came up with a few questions.
1. Does this bike come with a fuel petcock? I did searched the owner's manual and around the bike, but I don't see one. The reason that I am searching for one is related to the question #2.
2. How soon should I refuel once the low fuel light is lit? I have been testing my bike so that I would find some MPG, so I use up the gas until the engine sputters, and since the bike don't have any petcock (not under my knowledge), I have assume it with my experience. And, my experience tells me 'very soon'. So, how soon do you do it? any number of miles after the light?
3. What would be a usual MPG in city/highway? I thought this bike would get somewhere close to 40mpg, but I am currently hitting 20 to 25 at max. It seems that I can only go about 120 miles with a full tank, and this is after I see the lit-up low fuel light on and hearing of the engine sputtering.
I am currently breaking-in the engine, so I don't let the engine run at high. But the most of times, I guess the engine runs below its apporopriate rpm for matching gear speeds, so I guess in many times the engine is using more gas than what it should spend. Anyway, I also ride bike only in a city, currently racked up about 500miles so far, so I think riding in a city also plays in getting a low MPG. Anyway, is this a normal, under my condition? or even for everybody? or does it get better?
4. I am searching for that electrical outlet that I supposed to see under the gas tank. I assume that one is hidden under the seat, but where can I locate other one supposedly hidden under the gas tank? I am trying to use it to hook up some winter gears, but cannot locate it.
Please help me out. Thank you.
2a)ASAP, not good to run out of fuel & not fun pushing a 800lb bike!
2b) Around 15ish miles
3a)Once broken in you should get around 32-38 avg mpg. Some get better/worse depending on how it's ridden, terrain & fuel.
3b)Plus you might be lugging it a bit, & your speedo is around 10% off (faster than actual speed)
3c)City is always lower than hiway
4) It's not an "outlet" per say, it's actually a pair of female bullet connectors, one ground one 10 AMP hot. The one under the seat is on the clutch side near the frame just aft of the battery & the other is in the headlight bucket.
You will need to have MALE bullet connectors on the accessory you plan to plug into them.