Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a 05 nomad last month and im not sure which way i wanna go with it....cant decide weather to go with saddle bag chaps......or top rails.......who uses what and can ya post some pics.....thanks.......

·
Ride it! 100% Poser
234 Posts
I don't have either on my Nad either. I just threaten with bodily harm anyone who scratches them....The racks look pretty cool though, but I doubt that any protection is obtained..

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
I have the saddlebag chaps from PHCustoms, I just take them off a couple of times a year and give a good waxing underneath. When they are off you can not tell they were ever on.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
**** you guys are makin it hard to decide....:p ...all your rides look sweet......i do have to say i like the top and side rails on caddmans bike alot.....

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
If I had bought the black Nomad I would probably go with the chrome top rails. I think the leather chaps wouldn't stand out as much with the black saddlebags.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well heres a pic of my bike....kind of thinkin of going with the top and side rails like caddmans scoot

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
I have top rails on both the Nomad and the 86 Wing. When more luggage space was needed, I've attached rain gear to the top rails.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Some folks enjoy spending their existance keeping their bike in perfect showroom condition...more power to 'em.
A perfect bike is a pleasure to look at.

Seems though that either option will cause damage of one sort or another to the bags/original appearance?

I don't have time to fuss over a scratch or dirt, I use my bike to have fun.
I put rails on mine, and use them as tie down points, and to hold luggage.

The top of the bags still ended up getting scratched a little, but I don't mind, I'm too busy watching the miles go by!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I wanna get em for tie down points firstly, coolness secondly, and hopefully they protect a bit as well.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
is it just me rob..or in the second pic ya look like ya should be sittin on a farm tractor......jk:lol: :lol: thanks for postin up some pics of your scoot....was hopin to hear how well they worked for additional luggage....

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Some folks enjoy spending their existance keeping their bike in perfect showroom condition...more power to 'em.
A perfect bike is a pleasure to look at.

Seems though that either option will cause damage of one sort or another to the bags/original appearance?

I don't have time to fuss over a scratch or dirt, I use my bike to have fun.
I put rails on mine, and use them as tie down points, and to hold luggage.

The top of the bags still ended up getting scratched a little, but I don't mind, I'm too busy watching the miles go by!

I second the motion.

The first 6 months after I bought mine was shine and polish. Then I realized that all the rock chips / scratches were just badges of honor. A trailer queen she is not.

:D

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
they sure do alan......im kind of leanin towards the top and side rails on the bags...light bar..front bumper or fender tips.....and of coarse that set of pipes ya got laying around.....

·
Registered
260 Posts
is it just me rob..or in the second pic ya look like ya should be sittin on a farm tractor......jk thanks for postin up some pics of your scoot....was hopin to hear how well they worked for additional luggage....
Bad,

No, no, no...not a farm tractor, a lazy boy!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts