Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a 05 nomad last month and im not sure which way i wanna go with it....cant decide weather to go with saddle bag chaps......or top rails.......who uses what and can ya post some pics.....thanks.......

·
Ride it! 100% Poser
234 Posts
I don't have either on my Nad either. I just threaten with bodily harm anyone who scratches them....The racks look pretty cool though, but I doubt that any protection is obtained..

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
I have the saddlebag chaps from PHCustoms, I just take them off a couple of times a year and give a good waxing underneath. When they are off you can not tell they were ever on.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Some folks enjoy spending their existance keeping their bike in perfect showroom condition...more power to 'em.
A perfect bike is a pleasure to look at.

Seems though that either option will cause damage of one sort or another to the bags/original appearance?

I don't have time to fuss over a scratch or dirt, I use my bike to have fun.
I put rails on mine, and use them as tie down points, and to hold luggage.

The top of the bags still ended up getting scratched a little, but I don't mind, I'm too busy watching the miles go by!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I wanna get em for tie down points firstly, coolness secondly, and hopefully they protect a bit as well.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
is it just me rob..or in the second pic ya look like ya should be sittin on a farm tractor......jk:lol: :lol: thanks for postin up some pics of your scoot....was hopin to hear how well they worked for additional luggage....

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Some folks enjoy spending their existance keeping their bike in perfect showroom condition...more power to 'em.
A perfect bike is a pleasure to look at.

Seems though that either option will cause damage of one sort or another to the bags/original appearance?

I don't have time to fuss over a scratch or dirt, I use my bike to have fun.
I put rails on mine, and use them as tie down points, and to hold luggage.

The top of the bags still ended up getting scratched a little, but I don't mind, I'm too busy watching the miles go by!

I second the motion.

The first 6 months after I bought mine was shine and polish. Then I realized that all the rock chips / scratches were just badges of honor. A trailer queen she is not.

:D

·
Registered
260 Posts
is it just me rob..or in the second pic ya look like ya should be sittin on a farm tractor......jk thanks for postin up some pics of your scoot....was hopin to hear how well they worked for additional luggage....
Bad,

No, no, no...not a farm tractor, a lazy boy!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.