Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get the most out of my Nomad's 1500 FI motor. I have already done pipes, hypercharger, and pcmIII. I noticed that the mean streak runs a 40mm throttle body as opposed to the Nomad's 36mm. Just curious if anyone has ever done a transplant, or if anyone has any feebdack on the idea. Thanks.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi ispeed77,

Nice to have you on the forum. Sorry I can't help you with the transplant,
however, I did have a question for you. You have a Cobra Exhaust and you mentioned that you plan on changing them. And now for the big question,Why?

dfgpilot

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cobra pipes

ok, I originally wanted the V&H dual baggers due to their look and sound. when I bought the bike, they were backordered, and still are, so I went with the cobras. they are a little quieter which is nice for the long rides I enjoy, but the quality just doesn't seem to be up to par with a V&H. the heat shields rattle constantly, no matter how often I tighten the clamps, and on top of that, one of the clamps broke. if they didn't rattle, I would probably keep them, but that really bugs me. I'll admit it, I also wouldn't mind a little more noise for those cruise nights. hope that covers it for you, thanks for asking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts