Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i appologize in advance for this being a repeat of the post i put under the "cruisers" forum, i did not realize there was a mechanical forum as well. figured i'd give you guys a shot at this one as well, thanks

I am looking to get the most out of my Nomad's 1500 FI motor. I have already done pipes, hypercharger, and pcmIII. I noticed that the mean streak runs a 40mm throttle body as opposed to the Nomad's 36mm. Just curious if anyone has ever done a transplant, or if anyone has any feebdack on the idea. Thanks.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
you have to remember that the factory spent $$$$$$$ on R&D and they try to make the bike DRIVABLE in everyday situations.
so if your gonna up the size of the throttle body then your gonna have to do more motor work to take advantage of the extra flow. which means, bigger valve,port work,different cams,different injectors (larger) etc... all costing $$$$. i imagine you could put the bigger throttle bodies on and try to tune it with your hypercharger, and pcmIII but it sounds like more work then its worth to me.
i also think you need to remember your riding a CRUISER not a muscle bike like the WARRIOR,V-MAX etc. :wink:

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
throttle bodies

QKENUF4U
sorry about the slow reply. thanks for the tech info, you seem to right on. doesn't really make much sense to even consider this mod now. as far as wanting the power of a muscle bike, well, i am a power junkie, but i like comfort. just trying to get them to meet somewhere in the middle.
thanks again
david

1 - 3 of 3 Posts