Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.

I am wondering if Nomad front, rear fenders and a tank will bolt onto my Meanie. I am wanting to modify it into a Meanie/Bagger and that is the easiest solution. I am also looking for suggestions on an exhuast that drops out on both sides of the bike and the best way to drop the front and rear of the bike closer to the ground.

Any aftermarket wheel manufacturers around that have wheels that fit these bikes would be nice also.

Any thoughts? (Other than just buying a Nomad, that would be no fun at all)

Steve

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
The Meanie forks are different (inverted)... I don't know if they will bolt up or not. The larger rotors may be a clearance problem on the "classic" fender.

There are differences in the Nomad frame in the rear section... no attachment points for the dresser bars, the passenger floorboard mounts are totally different (V2K-LT passenger floorboards might work)... I don't know if the frame differences would impact the bag mounts or not.
The rear subframe is also different... I'm 90% sure the Nomad fender will not be a drop-in.

I mean, there's a way to do anything, but it's going to be more work than an afternoon parts swapping session.
The instruments are totally different, the seats are not compatible, and I'm not even 100% sure the tank will mount up to the Meanie frame.

The exhaust is the least of your problems with this conversion... a set of Roadhouse Doolies will bolt right on (when Roadhouse starts shipping again). I'm not aware of any other dual systems that don't bolt to the Nomad bag brackets.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Thanks Rich.

I am going to order a set of Classic fenders and modify them if I can, I am also watching a set of nomad bags on ebay. I have no doubt I can pull it off cheaper than buying a Road King. I built my meanie last year from a total that I bought so digging in a fabricating doesn't worry me at all.

I will look into that exhaust and I am looking at the Progressive suspension stuff to lower it. I have a picture in my head what I want it to look like.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Why don't you just get a nomad???? sounds like it will be a process in frusturation that may not work out in the end.

If you are into doing it to see if you can, then more power to you.
Keep us posted on the progress.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Before, during, and after pics, please. :-D Good luck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Front end

Ok. I have been doing some shopping with Barons and Progressive. I now need to know if I can swap a Nomad front end out on my Meanie? That way I can use the Phat Daddy fenders and drop the bike the way I want to. Also, I am putting aftermarket wheels from RC on it, of course if the front ends will swap. If not it will be back to the drawing board.

While I could buy a Nomad or even a Road King, I would rather build something custom, its just more fun (and yes frustrating at times). It is how I relieve stress these days.

Thanks.

BTW, here are pic of the bike.

swhitcomb_bucket - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 - 7 of 7 Posts