Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2003 Nomad. I am really enjoying the bike so far. I have noticed that when I lean in corners, or tilt the bike while riding, that I get this slight vibration feeling in the bike. I am not sure if it is just the effect of the wind, the type of tires I have, or if there is a problem with the Bike. Anyone experience this ?

·
Registered
137 Posts
The first and easiest thing to check is the front tire. If there is any cupping you can get a vibration (and noise) similar to driving over grating when you are cornering. I am assuming you just bought a used bike? New tires should not give you this vibration.

·
Registered
837 Posts
:shock: **** i thought i was over this..it came back to haunt me 1 more time....i had a front end vibration a while back and found that the nut from the front axle was gone :shock: wasnt nothing there but threads...might take a close look at everything..i did 2 or 3 times until i saw that.. :wink:

·
Registered
137 Posts
So, did you figure out what the problem was? Inquiring minds need to know this kind of stuff.......

·
Registered
11 Posts
vibration

My 97 1500 Classic has exactly the same light vibration when I lean in corners. At first , I was thinking propeller shaft. I took out the final gear case to access the shaft splined joint, greased it up good and reassembled the whole thing. The vibration is still there. I'll check that front shaft and the front tire.

Jack, Terrebonne, Qc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts