I like the look of yours, I am guessing you just used your factory ones for a templet but made them longer. Did you use Plexie or Lexan ?
I did make them 8" longer, which brought them 1" lower and up to the bottom of the windshield. They did end up a little wider (about 3/4/") because I followed the same taper all the way to the top. This brought the lowers within an 1/8" of the engine guards at full lock and the same width as the windshield at the top. I didn't want them any wider. I thought that they had a cleaner look without the notch and they still ended up doing a great job.
I ended up using 3/16” Plexiglas. It is a little stiffer than Lexan. I still ended up adding a small aluminum L-bracket at the top to eliminate flex. I probably could have used thicker Plexiglas and got less flex but I wanted to stay with the same thickness as the windshield.