Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Kaw KLX250s 12K Mi. EXC Condition. Rides Perfect when she runs.

This is the second time I have had no spark at the plug. Coil does have very faint 2-5 volts.

I pulled the CDI off, I have continuity through the pickup wires and connection to the coil.

I CAN NOT FIND A SOLID WIRING DIAGRAM ANYWHERE FOR THE 2006/7's. Nor Ohm numbers for the CDI/ Ignitor test...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Flyboy, my first question is what types are u rated for? This question is only meaningful if u genuinely fly. To your problem: always start with a fresh charged battery. Is the battery holding a good charge (12.5 to 13.5 VDC)? Next make sure the battery negative cable is getting good cable to frame contact. It may read continuity but handling the spark voltage can be a whole other issue. And make sure no corrosion on kill switch wires and kill switch isn't interrupting circuit. How does plug look? Black and sooty or glossy? Is it properly gaped? And high tension lead and plug cap, are they in good condition? U also have a side stand switch, neutral switch and keyed ignition switch to consider. Side stand and neutral switches generally have indicator lights to let u know they are functioning but that doesn't always mean they are. U can often 'flag' their function to the CDI by using a paper clip in wiring harness connector in place of switch connector. Go to dealership and offer two bucks for copy of official service manual electrical schematic. Take VIN with u. please let forum know how things work out and what fix was.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TECH - GO BUCKS!!

Ok here is were I am at...

New CDI(still no spark)
New Plug (still no spark)
New Battery(old one was way shot)
Checked battery to engine ground Loop(OK)
Have 4V on each Leg from Stator
Have Positive Voltage from Voltage Regulator
Have Have Headlight voltage and cutoff switch works(Self install)
Pickup Coil is at 230 Ohms
CDI has Positive Voltage

Previous Owner took off the:
Side Stand Switch
Side stand relay?
Turn signal relay
Turn Signals,
Bike Ran when I got her. Ran fine..

Plug is Normal just slightly wet from fuel and no spark ignighting it.

Even the hand tingle test at crank over does not give a slight shock at turn over.

Coil for some reason is at -1.15V at Blue and red lead when turning over.
5.56 Ohms primary and secondary(think coil is shorted) - Still should have voltage positive rite to the blue/ red lead?

I have not checked the TPS and Gear selector(it reads Neutral) Yet.

I HAVE A KAWASAKI KLX250 (E) factory service Manual. Printed and PDF, I cant find a 07 KLX250s Manual

Just ordered a new coil.. I am frustruated seeing as how I am working every angel and still nada.. I would be happy with an intermitten spark. At least I would know were to look and be close. The test light used to light up whel i cranked her over between the coil blue/red lead and ground. Now nothing. I have continunity between the CDI and the lead. Its almost as if one of the positive or negetiave leads to the CDI is not there. Brown has 12V..

THANKS FOR AY ONES HELP!!!!! - JAX FL

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK just Ohmed out coil.. Between the blut hot lead and the neg black lead there is Infinate 0 Ohms.. and 6.15 Ohms between the plug lead and blue positive lead.. I just ordered a new coil yesterday waiting for it to come in.. HOWEVER this does not tell me or fix the negetive voltage to the blue/red coil wire from the CDI...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TRULY NEED A VERY FLUENT KLX/KLR KAWI TECH!!

Ok

Here we go again.. No voltage to the Blue Coil Wire. contunity to the CDI. - New CDI.... I AM LOST!!! TRULY THINK THERE IS A LEAD THAT DOESENT HAVE 12V and/or cant find whats missing here.. Pulling my hair out.

JUST TESTED EVERY CIRCUIT AND ACCESSORY..
Horn - OK
Brights- OK
Gauges - OK
Turns - OK
Starter System - OK
Brake/ Tail - OK
Cooling Fan circut - OK
Gear Position Switch - OK
On/ OFF Switch - OK
Ignition Switch(NEW) - OK

LOW VOLTAGE AT BLUE CDI to COIL/ Tach Lead - off (.5V and Turning over (-2.8V)

AL OTHER CDI WIRES CHECK OUT FOR CONTINUNITY AND VOLTAGE!!

SAME (.5 and Turning Over (-2.8V) at Coil wire and Tach.

STATOR Checked out at 4.7V Each Leg.

Voltage Regulator Drops Brown Lead from 12.5V to 8V at crank over.

SOLID GROUND AT MOTOR, FRAME, and all Leads.

LOOKING FOR A 2006-2007 KLX250S ONLY WIRING DIAGRAM>

I am using a KLX250H6F One. Closest I have been able to find...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK ALL THE KAWASAKI 2006-2007 KLX250's I NEED A PREMIER MECHANIC/ KAWASAKI TECH THAT CAN HELP ANSWER THIS QUESTION>>

I am still having the no spark... when the bike power is on the blue power wire to the coil is at .5V DC and when the bike cranks over the voltage goes to -1.75V DC..

I AM LOST>> WERE DO I NEED TO LOOK!!!!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
See current posting..

plug was perfect condition, New stator, still nothing. Have a PDF Manual for the 07.. no help..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I went through a lot of wiring issues with a klx 300 i was building for a duel sport I used a complete wiring harness from a 2006, along with the charging and ignition systems. I also set it up to switch the head and tail lights off for sneaking round were I shouldn't. I also couldn't get spark I've done a lot of wiring in cars and motorcycles so it was driving me nuts, I tested everything (coil, CDI, stator, etc) all tested ok, Then I found out the ignition switch has a 100 ohm resistor between bk/y and bk/w with the switch on. It wasn't in the wiring diagram but I guess its a anti hot wire thing so they don"t publish it. anyway mine had failed so I added a 100 ohm res. from radio shack and finally I have spark !!! you may want to check this out before you go completely nuts. after reading you post and seeing almost no response I figured I'd at least let you know what my issue was. good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts