1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
The little guy said it.
17,962 Posts
:shock:

·
The little guy said it.
17,962 Posts
Well, it could always be shifted over to one of the big forum servers, like phpBB or vBulletin.

Either way, this forum needs to stay. It's the only one I've enjoyed this much.

·
My hat is made of tinfoil
20,826 Posts
The price is not bad, just $599K seems reasonable.

Good luck to Jim and family as they enter semi-retirement.

·
2007 900 Classic
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The price is not bad, just $599K seems reasonable.

Good luck to Jim and family as they enter semi-retirement.
Actually seems like a good enough deal thats 10 years of net profit @59k. Hard to imagine it doing less than that in a normal economy. I would buy it but I am about 598k short. Can ya'all spare a couple bucks.

·
Rolling with the big dogs
1,019 Posts
WOW :shock: Wish I had the money to buy!

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
For what its worth, Jim is keeping the Forum ...

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Time goes on and things change.....hopefully for the better....I wish nothing but the best to Jim and Laurie........but right now I have to say it all kind of SUCKS.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
Best wishes in your retirement Jim & Laurie :)

sounds like a great deal for someone out there.

·
Former Vulcan Lady
4,225 Posts
Guess the forum rally won't happen in 2011 either. Maybe we can find a mid point in the country and plan a meet up of the forum members in 2011?

·
Former Vulcan Lady
4,225 Posts
I agree completely!
I am glad Jim is keeping the forum. He has done a great job and I would hate to see it go. I have met so many nice people on this forum.

·
MaNaMaNa DoDoDoDoDo
4,767 Posts
Wow. Congrats to Jim and Lauri. And of course, thanks for keeping this forum.

·
'06 V2K, Baby!
2,325 Posts
It's probably gonna come up but servers and bandwidth are expensive. Would it be worth it to subscribe to the website?

Personally, I'd pay $15 or $20 a year to be part of this website - something in the realm of a magazine subscription. It's been too good a resource to let flounder due to lack of funds.

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
It's probably gonna come up but servers and bandwidth are expensive. Would it be worth it to subscribe to the website?

Personally, I'd pay $15 or $20 a year to be part of this website - something in the realm of a magazine subscription. It's been too good a resource to let flounder due to lack of funds.
Or change to a different hosting company. You can host a web site for $100 or less per year. I own two sites one of which is a photography forum. Not a large forum like this but my members do have a live chat room and their own photo albums which takes up a bit of server space and bandwidth. Could easily handle the traffic like on here and space again for less than $100 yr.
Jim has an awesome forum here and hope to see it continue.

·
It's purple, ma'am
2,016 Posts
Wow. Best of wishes to Jim and Laurie in taking on this new stage in their lives. And thanks for wanting to continue your support of this excellent Forum. Let us know how we can help!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts