Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a good insurance company in NC? nationwide is **** expensive for my concours 14 and geico is worse for the bike but insuring both my wife and my bike over all is cheaper. looking to lower the cost of both bikes. thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,951 Posts
i've found farm bureau to have the best rates for me...but i still pay for everyone's insurance so there's 4 cars, 2 trucks and 2 motorcycles on the policy and 2 teenagers...well 1 teenager so it's not cheap...but the best deal i've been able to find. Also the house insurance for the house in lilesville is with them so there's a discount for that also.

·
Super Moderator
10,876 Posts
Be sure to shop around! Prices vary wildly from company to company. The best price I could find was GMAC. Allstate, Farm Bureau & State Farm, even with 2 other vehicles and a house, were 50% more; Geico and Progressive were almost 3x more.

·
Registered
289 Posts
We have four bikes, a truck, car and house insured with Allstate.

08 Versys
08 EN500
97 ZG1000
79 KZ650
Trailer for behind the ZG

I am 50 years old, have a good driving record and pay $425 a year. Full coverage, fire, theft and $1,000 accessory rider. That total is for all of the bikes and trailer combined.

My agent rides. She works hard to keep her agency competitive.

I do live out in the sticks and have a garage to store them in.

If you are in the Cherry Point area I can give you her name.

Dan

·
Registered
644 Posts
I was using Farm Bureau, I still have my house and 3 vehicles with them, but I was able to cut my bike insurance in half with Progressive.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I've had my insurance for the house, cars, and motorcycles with Liberty Mutual since I lived in NC. I shopped around real hard this year and they had the best rates for me.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I went with Markel Insurance, the rates were half of what the other companies were for a 21 year old on a ninja, couldn't beat it. With even more coverage btw.

·
Super Moderator
10,876 Posts
maybe i had better check out some of these other ones!!:biggrin:
I was thinking the same thing. maybe I can get a lower rate now that I've had the bike for a couple of years.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I use Nationwide 279 a year for full coverage

·
Registered
9 Posts
I`m in the Raleigh area and found Progressive to have the lowest rate for my bike. The insurance co. my cars are packaged under even wanted more. Give them a try.....Progressive Southeastern insurance Co.

·
Estancia Meritage
1,523 Posts
From PA, 52 years old and perfect driving record.
I have Progressive on my 900 classic......$90 a year.

Lucky...

·
TV Guru
11,779 Posts
From PA, 52 years old and perfect driving record.
I have Progressive on my 900 classic......$90 a year.

Lucky...
Is that full coverage? I'm at $111 a year in Connecticut for full coverage with Progressive. I don't think I could do much better for the same coverage up here. Insurance in this state is $$$$$.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I would think the length of the riding season has something to do with how the rates are figured.

·
Registered
125 Posts
VA here, I used to use Dairyland, they beat everyones price for me in the past.

presently bikeless, but browsing, & I switched auto insurance last year to Progressive & I will compare rates. not sure who will win.

Later,
Randy

·
TV Guru
11,779 Posts
I would think the length of the riding season has something to do with how the rates are figured.
I'm insured 12 months - Progressive doesn't have lay off months. I prefer it that way, anyway. Since I have full coverage, it means the bike is covered for non-riding events that might occur in the off season.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts