Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am restoring an 82KX250B1 and picked up a brand new NOS cylinder for it. So, naturally I'd like to use an NOS piston (I have located one) but have not located NOS rings for it yet. There are plenty of Tecate and Wiseco rings out there, but I need to know if it is wise to use these rings with the stock piston and cylinder. Any comments appreciated, especially if you know where I can find an OEM ring. I am sure it is possible rings from later year KXs may work, havent figured that out yet.

·
Registered
917 Posts
nice bike !

But in my opinion mixing rings from different manufacturers is not a good idea.

I would think if they were the same thickness it is a possibility, but commonly it is not done.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I am restoring an 82KX250B1 and picked up a brand new NOS cylinder for it. So, naturally I'd like to use an NOS piston (I have located one) but have not located NOS rings for it yet. There are plenty of Tecate and Wiseco rings out there, but I need to know if it is wise to use these rings with the stock piston and cylinder. Any comments appreciated, especially if you know where I can find an OEM ring. I am sure it is possible rings from later year KXs may work, havent figured that out yet.

A good friend of mine has a TON of older Kawasaki new OEM parts. He owned a Kawasaki dealership for the past 30 years. Shoot him an email for the stuff you need.... you never know ya' might get lucky ! ) His name is Gary, ans he LOVES vintage dirtbike stuff

[email protected]

·
Hey, lemme ride your bike
1,975 Posts
I wouldn't try aftermarket rings on a stock piston.

Very cool KX, by the way!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ummm, ahem....this is my bike, the other one is what I want it to look like when Im done! lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts