Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an 06 ninja 250 (being delivered this weekend) as a first time rider starter bike, but have been helping my brother look for a bike as well. I came across a Honda CBR 600rr, and from what I can tell it is a STEAL! I was kind of hoping someone on here who may have had/have one could tell me if it is a decent bike. Would it be "too much bike" for a beginner? He hasn't rode in years, and has never ridden a sports bike either. For the price though, I considered buying it just to re-sell it or hanging onto for when I "grow out" of my newly acquired Ninja 250! Asking price is $1,500, here is the description given for the bike -

Beautiful, NO dents, NO dings 2005 Honda CBR 600 RR

Description
Beautiful NO dents, NO dings bike. one owner, have to sell due to work accident that precludes me from driving it. Michelin tires, Chrome Side Pegs to Prevent Bike Falling, Progrip Gas Tank Beltbuckle Protector, Carbon Fiber Gas Cap Accent, Onguard Front Wheel Locking System, Rear Mudguard Removed, License Plate Modified (Original Rear Mudguard parts and lights available), Stanley P353 Integrated LED Tailight/Turn Signal Assembly, LP Lockhart Phillps Racing Rear Stand

Additional Information
Year: 2005
Make: Honda
Model: CBR 600rr
Inventory Type: Used
Confirm Price: 1500
Mileage: 7500

And a pic -

Like I said, I know it isn't a Kawasaki, but any info someone can provide is better than none. This forum has already helped me a lot!

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,317 Posts
Sounds too good to be true. I'd call anyway (just in case) and pick that up if it is true though. That is literally a steal if its in good shape (not salvaged).

Good for a beginner? No. People have done it, its certainly possible to start on one, but its not a good beginner's bike.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds too good to be true. I'd call anyway (just in case) and pick that up if it is true though. That is literally a steal if its in good shape (not salvaged).

Good for a beginner? No. People have done it, its certainly possible to start on one, but its not a good beginner's bike.
I contacted them via the website it's on. Unfortunately they don't specifically ask for a phone number on the site when posting ad's (it's a local site that handles news events). To be honest, not even knowing much about the bike, it sounded too good to be true. I just wanted to get some opinions on it. Like I said, I am considering buying it and holding on to it until I learn to ride better, or to simply re-sell the bike. Everyone I found online had a ton of mods and were going for anywhere from $5,000+. Which to me sounds like a little more accurate price for this bike.

·
frequently disturbs class
2,220 Posts
I contacted them via the website it's on. Unfortunately they don't specifically ask for a phone number on the site when posting ad's ...Everyone I found online had a ton of mods and were going for anywhere from $5,000+. Which to me sounds like a little more accurate price for this bike.
Bingo. Go to the head of the class.
Something tells me this bike would have to be shipped from Nigeria approximately 3 days after your certified funds are released to the seller's most upstanding bankers, who are also members of the royal family..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bingo. Go to the head of the class.
Something tells me this bike would have to be shipped from Nigeria approximately 3 days after your certified funds are released to the seller's most upstanding bankers, who are also members of the royal family..
There is probably about a .0001% chance it would be one of those Nigeria scams that are all over the internet, lol. Not saying it is or isn't a scam though. Very well could be. As I mentioned, it is ONLY a small website that covers news stories, local events, local classifieds, etc. for this area. So obviously it would be hard to scam someone as long as the title is clean, and clear seems how 99.9% of people who would inquire about it would want to see it before paying for it.

I just didn't know much about that bike except for the fact that it seemed too **** good to be true, so I thought I would ask here. I'll keep you all posted with info if/when the seller contacts me back :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Something me think that they switched the mileage and the price entries. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
125 Posts
probably a scam,

I however looked at a cb600rr late 90's model for $700 a couple weeks ago, it was 20 miles from my house & on a Sunday, only reason I didnt buy it was I only had $680 & he refused to accept less & he refused to hold it, & refused a $20 check with my cash, & there was no way for me to get cash that night, as believe it or not my alternator blew on my truck on way from his place to my house, & I had to go get an alternator with wifes car & Monday after I went to bank & called him to be told he sold it Sunday about 2 hours after I left.

plastics were there, a couple were pieced together with zip ties. but it ran great... oh well.... guy listed it for sale late on a Saturday night, & said first person with cash in hand gets it.

Randy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Something me think that they switched the mileage and the price entries. Just my 2 cents.
The site specifically asks you for the sale price 2 different times. It makes you confirm it before the ad is posted. That's why it says "Confirm Price 1500" in the details I posted. Unless the guy is a complete idiot I don't see how he could have messed that up, haha! Then again, if he is selling that for $1500 in the condition it appears to be in, from what I am gathering, he very well could be a complete idiot (or just very well off and just don't want it taking up space). Either way, I cant wait to get a response from him!

If I get it, anyone interested in buying it? Haha!

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
just make sure you can see it, touch it, hear it run, and see the title before you buy it. the price is just too good to be true, but you never know and it's worth checking to see. If it smells fishy to you though, walk away fast!

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
i wouldn't recommend a 600RR to a new rider.

Stick to the 250 ... ride that for 5-6 months, learn how to ride, how to handle a bike, and then contemplate a 600RR.

$1500 though?
No. that's not right.

the 2005 model is the second generation of the 600RRs, it's slightly different to the 03-04 models which were the first Gen, and aside from a few performance differences it's also got stainless steel downpipes and USD forks.

I don't know the RRPs bikes in the US, but roughly converting the UK prices into Dollars, if the new price in 2005 for that bike was $7000 ... then a 2005 in mint condition now would be about $4-5000.

Obviously there's different factors affecting the sale price, but if the price is that low, there's either something very wrong with the bike, or the person selling it knows absolutely nothing about selling motorbikes.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
hahaha, i'd be inclined to say that too!

But as a bike, if it really is $1500, i'd buy it and keep it until you feel proficient enough on the 250.

The RR is a fantastic bike, handles brilliantly, goes like sh!t off a shiny shovel, but is not forgiving for inexperienced riders.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts