Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to look at this ATV soon, it has low milege < 100 and its a grizzley 660 4x4, 2005 or 2006, the guy wants 4k

does it sound too good to be true?

kenny

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
That is in the ballpark of what I would expect. The used Grizzley's drop like a rock in value, just like the big Kaws, Zuki's, etc. Not that they are bad, it is just that so many are purchased by people that think they are going to go cut a ripping swath through the toolies then find out that they are too big for much of anything outside of conservative riding on wide trails, are useless without a winch, are heavy and get lousy fuel mileage, and like to tip over on side hills. Then along comes the first kid with a sport ATV and blows them away - end of love affair, and they go up for sale.

Just be sure it is a real sale, and not one of those "broker" deals where some scam artist is claiming to be out of the country in a new job, and having some third party handle the sale.

If you are looking for a toy I would go down to a 400 or so cc rig that still can get decent fuel economy and not work you to death. If you are looking for a workhorse, then you are on the right track, or could step up to a Mule and do it in comfort.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply - i already own a kawasaki praire 360 4x4 and have blown the bigger machines away in mud,. rock climbing - well just about everything other then speed.

The reason for the 660 will be for my father to putz his way to his tree stand, and do a lot of hauling and towing of woods and trees and such

The owner is going through life issues right now so he needs the money - maybe i can get him down to 3500 :) KBB has a blue book of over 4k...

i need to get all the details

kenny

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
I had just had an 04 Grizz this summer(Bought and sold it for $3999). It was a great machine, and it was perfect for doing what you are planning, and it was fun to play with too. I tend to try to race the utility machines though and end up breaking them, so I decided to replace it with a 2005 YFZ450 that I got for $2800.

There arent very many problems with the Grizz, and if you do have a problem, there are so popular you shouldnt have a problem finding out how to fix it.

I also had time with a 05 Arctic Cat 650 V2 and a Bombardier Traxtor, and I was not impressed at all. The Grizz was much much better than either of those.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
too late the guy sold it - son af a bia$%

kenny

1 - 5 of 5 Posts