Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Own The Day
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

After much checking around, I believe I found a decent ride for me and the missus. If everything goes to plan, I may come home tomorrow with this:

'03 Anniversary Edition Suzuki Intruder Volusia - 3,400 mi

I feel so bad that I could not get the Vulcan 900 that I was aiming at ( I really wanted to stay Kawi :frown: ), but unfortunately, there were no bites on my Ninja 650R ad. With the funds I have available, trading my cycle in will put me firmly in range of this alt.

The good news is that the wife is psyched. :biggrin: She is so looking forward to riding again, now that I am returning to the realm of cruisers. 8)

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Hello all.

After much checking around, I believe I found a decent ride for me and the missus. If everything goes to plan, I may come home tomorrow with this:

I feel so bad that I could not get the Vulcan 900 that I was aiming at ( I really wanted to stay Kawi :frown: ), but unfortunately, there were no bites on my Ninja 650R ad. With the funds I have available, trading my cycle in will put me firmly in range of this alt.

The good news is that the wife is psyched. :biggrin: She is so looking forward to riding again, now that I am returning to the realm of cruisers. 8)
The Volusia is a really nice bike slopoke. I was going to buy one when I found my Kawi. The difference in the two, is the shaft drive versus the belt drive. I've read pros and cons on both systems, and rode both. Nothing would have stopped me from buying it after the research I did. Like I said, the Kawi dealer just made me a better deal.

D

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
I'll probably never get rid of my ninja but if I were to buy a cruiser this ones been calling to me...

Suzukis Boulevard M109R

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
That's a nice lookin scoot right there Alex! Nothin wrong with a zuki!

You'll still be family & we'll still let you by the beer!! ;) :biggrin:

·
Registered
394 Posts
I love the lines of the M109, but I think the seat should be further into the bike. To me it was like sitting on top of it. My .02
Doesn't look like a whole lot of room for bags over those pipes either, though I guess it's not so much of a bag kind of bike. Sure is good looking, though.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Man! Where are my manners! Slo'poke very nice lookin bike. Congrats
You'd think i's raised in a barn er sumthin'

·
Power Hungry V2K Rider
6,395 Posts
Alex - That is one sweet lookin' ride. As long as you and the Miss's are comfy - ride, son, ride. You do realize that we will have to have pics with the two of you on it...

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
My bud ride a Volusia. I've always liked that bike. Congrats Alex in finding something the wife likes too.

·
Own The Day
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, all ;) Pics, of course, shall be posted if and when the bike comes home. That IS the unwritten rule, after all. 8)

I've never heard about the rule regarding the buying of the beer, however. When did THAT get added in? :lol:

Ah... I'm going to miss Dory. Too much fun whipping that bike about in the twisties. She is truly a machine designed to bring out the devil in ya. :twisted: Still, I seriously got into riding with the purpose of bringing the wife along in mind, and Dory was a solo-only kind of cycle.

Besides, at the pace Dory was designed to be ridden at, sooner or later, I'd have gotten myself in trouble. Perhaps this is fate watching out for me. :)

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Next the wife will be wanting her own bike. You might want to start shopping.

·
nu2kawi
2,707 Posts
Nice ride, hope things work out well for you. My wife chose not to ride with me, but I keep the cruiser anyway. I like to get out and ride with my brother once in awhile. Sorry to hear Dory is up for adoption. It would be great to have the wife along and ride somewhere. After 38 yrs of marriage, I'm pretty sure it's not the bike she doesn't like. I even got a Z1k just in case she wanted to learn, but no, so i'm forced to ride it. Oh well I tried.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Slo'Poke, that is a great ride. Be sure to check out all the info at VolusiaRiders.com

If you decide to put a windshield on it, let me know. I can give you info on the one I put on my C50 for half the cost of the Suzuki shield and lowers.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,940 Posts

......the wife is psyched. :biggrin: She is so looking forward to riding again, now that I am returning to the realm of cruisers. 8)
Congrats, buddy. She's a good looking bike. Is it an 800 or bigger? It looks like she's all decked out already and as a bonus, you're keeping the missus happy! :tongue:

j/k!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts