Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a Vulcan, but you have to admit, pretty cool bike just the same!!!!

I did the paint and bodywork on this bike (Custom Motorcycle Painting | Custom Painter) for a customer of mine in Bermuda. Here's the kicker, it's a Yamaha 125cc Dragstar! Yes, 125cc, not 125ci!!!!!! In Bermuda they have limitations on what you can ride as far as displacement is concerned, so you have to make do with what you've got! Needless to say, this bike's been gone through with a LOT of $$$ and custom mods.....

·
guitar junkie
1,487 Posts
That is one beauty paint job and a really cool looking bike. Very impressive.:smile:

·
Registered
207 Posts
I love it!.I've been to Bermuda twice and the bikes down there are way different than here in the states.I think the biggest displacement is maybe 250cc's,and the cruisers are scaled down versions of big bikes here.My last trip I saw a Honda CBR 125 two stroke running around,and it sounded awesome,along with some other bikes I've never heard of before....Nice work!!

·
Into the Wind
676 Posts
Awesome! I bet it is fun to ride. That's one hell of a back fender!

·
Vulcan 1600 Classic
490 Posts
Great looking ride..... but, it looks like the rear fender is just about touching the ground while on the kickstand! Seems like that could be a problem when leaning into a turn?

Jim

·
USE BATH SALTS
298 Posts
not really my style, but incredible job on the paint. thats a ton of work in that paint. i definitely appreciate the hours put into it. im diggin the 18 on the rear too.

·
ILBTS
1,248 Posts
Great looking ride..... but, it looks like the rear fender is just about touching the ground while on the kickstand! Seems like that could be a problem when leaning into a turn?

Jim
airlift. park&drop. theres a guy in town that has a custom that doesnt even have a sidestand, she rests right on the frame.

·
Official Bug Taster
361 Posts
My wife has been talking about getting a 125cc for her first bike. I have been suggesting something a little bit bigger. But now that she saw this one, I got orders to go down and get it. That is a beautiful bike. That is an incredable paint job. Lots of respect on the time you took to do it.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
125's are very popular over here as it's the basic learner bike size seeing as we have a tierd license system and age restrictions.

not sure i like the shape of the rear fender and the heinous Dolce & Gabbana seat cover, but the paintwork is outstanding!!! :mrgreen:

·
Vicrory is Mine
2,489 Posts
125's are very popular over here as it's the basic learner bike size seeing as we have a tierd license system and age restrictions.

not sure i like the shape of the rear fender and the heinous Dolce & Gabbana seat cover, but the paintwork is outstanding!!! :mrgreen:
Give him a break... it's a girls bike.

·
97 D2 Rider
43 Posts
You don't have to have a bike with a big engine to have fun. And it is very nice paint.

·
King Dad
79 Posts
Nice bike but I have a question. Why the passenger pegs when clearly there is no room for a passenger?

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
That bike must have taken 1st place if it ever has been entered on a bike show. Well done. Nice sharp looking ride.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I love it!.I've been to Bermuda twice and the bikes down there are way different than here in the states.I think the biggest displacement is maybe 250cc's,and the cruisers are scaled down versions of big bikes here.My last trip I saw a Honda CBR 125 two stroke running around,and it sounded awesome,along with some other bikes I've never heard of before....Nice work!!
Very cool Bermuda bike. I'll have to check it out next summer when I go to Bermuda for the 15th time.

The rules in Bermuda are, no 2 stroke over 100cc, no 4 stroke over 150cc.
But like everywhere people just can't help but get the most our of their bikes, like getting tuned exhausts & bigger jugs.
One buddy of mine has this Honda V-twin cruiser that's supposed to be 150cc... yea, right...

Bermuda also has a motorcycle racing club that uses a track at the airport

1 - 20 of 26 Posts