Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that I did last year but I did miss a couple of weeks riding. Not this year. I have a new PlexiFairing for winter. The coverage this thing gives is awesome.

Dan

·
Registered
135 Posts
Nice bike!

I rode most of the year last year and plan to ride all I can this winter as well (at least until I have to take it off the road to do cleanup, paint and repairs). I went out for a ride last night actually. It was a couple degrees above freezing and I had to be careful not to stray too far from home in case the temp dropped. It was a beautiful night though!

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
What a beautiful bike!

I have never winterized my bike. The garage seems to be just warm enough to keep it from having any problems, and I like to be able to ride on those occasional weekends when it's fairly nice out.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
What a beautiful bike!

I have never winterized my bike. The garage seems to be just warm enough to keep it from having any problems, and I like to be able to ride on those occasional weekends when it's fairly nice out.
What is the coldest it gets to there? Gets to about -40c here. Oh and nice bike dude. I had a KZ400 as well as a 440LTD and 750LTD way way back in the day. ( Late 70's ) Loved all 3 bikes but i miss the KZ400 the most. It was my first new bike and i can still remember the thrill and excitement when i picked it up. Oh and that new bike smell as well.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks folks.

Cold is relative. When I lived in Pa we would be out in 10 and 20 degree weather. When I moved to Az 40's would have us bundled up. Here most bikes are put up when the temps hit 50. I rode today at 55 degrees and only saw ten bikes in 75 miles. When it drops below 45 there are only about three of us that ride daily.

The shop is 24x30. It has taken ten years worth of collecting and purging cycles to reach it's current state. It helps to have a 20x30 lean-to for the lawn care stuff.

Dan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts