Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Winter Warrior
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I went to my bike shop last wednesday and paid to have him order my PCIII, Big Sucker, and Fuggin' Fabrication's black ceramic Hellion exhaust. I know I could have ordered and intalled it all myself, but Im lazy and the shop made me a hella deal to make up for a previous screwup. ANYHOW, the shop owner ordered and paid for my pipes that day, so'd they'd be in and ready on this Tuesday, which is when I dropped the bike off. At that point, the pipes hadn't arrived yet. When he called FF to see when they shipped, he was told, "oh yeah, they just went over to the ceramic coaters, so we might ship em tomorrow, and they'll be there by thursday or friday." Shop owner was like WTF, so he called me to see what I wanted to do (which was "wait and see" cuz I really want these pipes). So, he calls em again today, and now they wont even answer the phone to give him an update or a tracking number. When I got to work this afternoon, I called them, and was advised the pipes had Fedex'd yesterday, and he gave me the tracking number. I hung up and jumped online to check the tracking and see what was up, and the estimated delivery date isnt till NEXT WEEK! I've been out my bike for 3 days now, and looking at at least another week down. If I'd known, I'd have ordered the Cobra Swept instead.

The shop owner told me they were very short with him when he was checking the status, and when I talked to them, I got the impression they really couldn't have given a $h!+ about the situation.

·
soft drinks & stiff women
694 Posts
From what I know of FF, when they sold their pipes through Low & Mean, the website clearly stated orders can take up to 2+ weeks. Sounds like your dealer promised something they shouldn't have.

·
Super Moderator
10,874 Posts
What happens when the pipes are delivered, sometime next week, and have been dinged by FedEx or whoever and they're not good enough to be put on? You gonna leave your bike there for another 2 or 3 weeks?

Never, ever offer or agree to "drop off" your bike when the parts are not in hand. There are way too many variables that they, the service people, have absolutely no control over, but they'll promise you anything to get your money and then look at you stupidly, blame someone else and shrug their shoulders when it doesn't work out.

And keep in mind, this time of the year is the worst. Everyone and his brother is in such a hurry to get parts, get service, get, get, get that everything backs up at manufacturers and suppliers. We see it every year and every year folks in a hurry, as you seem to be, get p!ssed off b/c they didn't get what they wanted when they wanted it.

·
Winter Warrior
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And keep in mind, this time of the year is the worst. Everyone and his brother is in such a hurry to get parts, get service, get, get, get that everything backs up at manufacturers and suppliers.
Then if they know its the worst time of year, why not have prepared product on hand and ready to ship? The point of commerce is to meet demand with supply, or so I thought.

We see it every year and every year folks in a hurry, as you seem to be, get p!ssed off b/c they didn't get what they wanted when they wanted it.
Are you serious?! I'm sorry that paying for something that was promised at a certain date, then getting p!ssed off at the lack of attempt to meet that deadline that was made make me a bad person. If customers are such a hassle, maybe you shouldn't be in business...and giving a paying customer what they want, when they want it (god forbid) used to be a good business practice.

·
900mocustom
66 Posts
RUH ROH ........ OHHHH have i got bad news for you Lrd. This is absolutely true ........ I was setting here watching the tube and listening to the scanner night b4 last ..... I hear the dispatcher call out one of the officer to the interstate saying that a motorist had called in because a Fed EX truck was running up the highway with his back doors hanging open and packages were flying out of the back of the truck ........ Lets hope your pipes werent on that truck ........LOL .......... Hey but on the other hand maybe i should go check the road sides ........i may be able to get me a nice set for nuttin ........LMAO

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
What happens when the pipes are delivered, sometime next week, and have been dinged by FedEx or whoever and they're not good enough to be put on? You gonna leave your bike there for another 2 or 3 weeks?

Believe it or not this happened to me and the only difference is that I was out of pipes for over two months before I got the new ones. Good thing I did the install and I never took the stockers out till I got them back. Is a PITA when you get low customer svc. They don't realize you paid over 400+ to expect a perfect product.

·
Super Moderator
10,874 Posts
Then if they know its the worst time of year, why not have prepared product on hand and ready to ship? The point of commerce is to meet demand with supply, or so I thought.
Do you work in the manufacturing sector? Doesn't sound like it. I do however, and the last thing companies can afford to do is to pay for materials, electricity, labor, etc. to produce a product in the hopes that it will sell soon. Add to these costs the packaging, storage costs and inventory-on-hand taxes and you can see how it really, honestly, becomes prohibitive to tie up working capital with no expected time frame for a return. To a certain extent we used to be able to get away with it but the economic down turn of the last two years put a hurtin' on all of us first tier manufacturers.
Are you serious?! I'm sorry that paying for something that was promised at a certain date, then getting p!ssed off at the lack of attempt to meet that deadline that was made make me a bad person. If customers are such a hassle, maybe you shouldn't be in business...and giving a paying customer what they want, when they want it (god forbid) used to be a good business practice.
We had a discussion here not too long ago in another thread, the consideration of whether or not the customer is always right and whether or not suppliers should (at the extreme) kiss a person's arse. I think the general perception then was that the customer (you) should expect a quality product in a reasonable amount of time. That is, afterall, what you were told. But the supplier (me) also encounters unexpected delays be they mechanical breakdowns, shipping delays like the freight company's truck quit or the weather, flu season, etc. Compound the problem again for each tier of contractor the manufacturer deals with like powder coaters, machinists, elcetricians, workers' unions, etc. and any other of life's typically annoying problems and delays occur. It seems I may have come across as preachy in my reply- this was not my intent and I apologize. But in the end it all comes down to one thing: let the buyer beware. Beware of ripoffs, beware of schedules and beware of people who are willing to take your money up front without putting something in your hand on the spot in return.

Chalk it up as a lesson learned. It happens to everyone.

·
Need Time To Ride
3,247 Posts
"Lazy" and "hella deal" typically result in threads like this. Your expectations were too high...but that's happens a lot when using a 3rd party that really has no control of the chain of events. No parts in hand, no bike in shop.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
sorry to hear that.

seems a lesson's been learned though.

don't drop your bike off to have parts installed if the parts haven't arrived yet. :(

chalk it up as a bad experience that you can learn from.

it seems the pipes are made to order, which is totally understandable for a metric motorcycle. They might have some on hand for Harleys, but for the minority, they're obviously made to order to save on storage costs.

:(

hope it all works out for you

·
kawasakigirl
100 Posts
Sorry to hear about your pipes...hope it all works out in the end. I hope you still post pics

·
Fat Bottomed Girl
15,029 Posts
From what I know of FF, when they sold their pipes through Low & Mean, the website clearly stated orders can take up to 2+ weeks. Sounds like your dealer promised something they shouldn't have.
Exactly. And from everything I've read/seen, two weeks is STILL a great time frame!

·
Winter Warrior
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hope you still post pics
Count on it!

To rbentnail: Sorry I came off a bit defensive, I was still salty about the pipe thing. Not trying to sow any ill feelings on the board.

And to all who've posted: Yes, it is a lesson learned, I wont be surrendering my bike again without parts on hand.

To myself: I will continue to wallow im my "laziness" and look for "hella deals", LOL.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I dont think fuggin has any pipes ready to go out the door, they have several made up with no coating on them, they outsource that part and especially this time of year coaters can be very busy. two weeks isnt bad at all for basically a custom made pipe. I think I had mine in 10 days but I just happened to order at the right time and it was my 2nd set of pipes from them, my buddy with a vtx1800 had to wait for almost 3 months to get his, supposedely an ex employee screwed up a bunch of the jigs before he left/got fired. I have had nothing but great customer service from fuggin fabrication. Now I just wish their coatings were better, if you got black dont get anything on it and try to clean it off, if you got chrome I hope you like blue pipes, also the chrome scratches very easy so be careful what polish you use. Personally I will deal with those small issues since I dont have a show bike and love the sound and look of my pipes.

·
Winter sucks.
1,083 Posts
I dont think fuggin has any pipes ready to go out the door, they have several made up with no coating on them, they outsource that part and especially this time of year coaters can be very busy. two weeks isnt bad at all for basically a custom made pipe. I think I had mine in 10 days but I just happened to order at the right time and it was my 2nd set of pipes from them, my buddy with a vtx1800 had to wait for almost 3 months to get his, supposedely an ex employee screwed up a bunch of the jigs before he left/got fired. I have had nothing but great customer service from fuggin fabrication. Now I just wish their coatings were better, if you got black dont get anything on it and try to clean it off, if you got chrome I hope you like blue pipes, also the chrome scratches very easy so be careful what polish you use. Personally I will deal with those small issues since I dont have a show bike and love the sound and look of my pipes.
Those pipes are fuggin' sweet!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts