Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an 08 Teryx a few weeks ago. I got a great deal on it but I cant figure out what the problem is... The owner said he thinks it has motor problems. I have a new battery and when I start it I get a single-click. So far what I have done
1. I took the starter out hook it directly to the battery and the starter spins freely.
2. I drained the oil and took out the oil filter I don't see any particles.
3. I took the carburetors off and the headers the valves look fine and the spark plugs looked fine.
4. I took the cover off the drive belts and I can't move the clutch back and forth.
Does anyone have an idea what it could be? What should I check?
Thanks
Kevin

·
Registered
869 Posts
The engine has problems. Remove it and disassemble it. They are known for issues, IF the engine is run low on oil and/or the air filter gets dirty. I hope you are willing to fork out some cash to get it fixed, they are NOT cheap to repair (not at all!!)

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
... when I start it I get a single-click...

Try checking the starter solenoid >> I would connect a multimeter to the load side, then push the start button to see if there's power going to the starter. Also, make sure the battery is good & fully charged. I would charge it with a motorcycle smart charger & do a load test. I know you said it spins the starter motor but under load from the engine maybe not, so I would still make certain the battery is good >> the checks are easy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts