Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I finally changed my headlight bulb (vn800b) and now it doesn't work. I turn the key and the running lights are on, but no headlight. I put the stock bulb back in and still no light. I figure its one of the fuses, but how the heck do I get to the fuse box? I removed the seat and can see the fuse box, but how do I get to it to check the fuses? Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
You know the headlight doesn't come on until you either start the bike or at least "bump" the starter... right??? ;-)

·
Registered
454 Posts
LOL, i love that crap, my girlfriend called me once, hysterical that the car had died, i said whats wrong? She says, well the car wont start, and i cant get the key out of the ignition. I said is it in park? There was silince, then i heard the shifter move into park, then it started, lol, i got ALOT of mileage out of that one, until the blank "ok thats enough " stare.

·
Wannabeabigbike Owner
745 Posts
oh oh

LOL...that's really all I can do right now...if that's what the problem was...HOWEVER...I have been known to kick it into first without putting up my kickstand a few times...so I can't say too much.
I thought we were SUPPOSED to do that every fifth time!!!
(keeps us humble, and with some of us, there's no other way!)

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I believe you can put it into first gear with the kickstand down you just can't let out the clutch.I tried my 500 yesterday and it goes into gear fine but when you let out the clutch it dies.

·
ATGATT
2,227 Posts
I believe you can put it into first gear with the kickstand down you just can't let out the clutch.I tried my 500 yesterday and it goes into gear fine but when you let out the clutch it dies.
No, with my 636, the moment you put it into gear with the stand down, it dies. I usually do it when I'm with a group of people and they're already starting to pull off. So I'm rushing...then kick myself when it dies. :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I actually did bump the starter but didn't actually start the bike since I had the carb off at the time. I really don't want to have to retrace the wiring so if anyone has any suggestions...

·
Wannabeabigbike Owner
745 Posts
Suppossed to.....

It does let you start, but sometimes you don't have to shift, just have the stand down!! Sometimes I will pull in somewhere and throw down the lkickstand and it will kill the engine even before I can get to the kill switch! And sometimes not! It has even done it after shifting into neutral (which I almost never do) Hasn't been a problem enough to troubleshoot yet! Probably will with my luck!

·
Registered
681 Posts
I actually did bump the starter but didn't actually start the bike since I had the carb off at the time. I really don't want to have to retrace the wiring so if anyone has any suggestions...
I find it hard to believe that it is a wire problem if all you did was pull one bulb and put another one in. I would wait until said carb was put back together, and then try messing with the light. My .02. Good luck with it.

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
(+1)
I find it hard to believe that it is a wire problem if all you did was pull one bulb and put another one in. I would wait until said carb was put back together, and then try messing with the light. My .02. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
You didn't hold the starter long enough then.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts