Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may sound like a stupid question, but hey im new to bikes. I just bought a used 1998 zx-6. It runs excellent. Is it normal to have the smell of gas fumes emmiting from it like if its in the garage. it doesnt seem to be leaking gas or anything. Just wondering if that is common.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
The gas tanks have a ventilation system to keep from getting vapor lock in the tank. Thats why you smell gas while its sittin in the garage. :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a Vulcan 500 so it may not be the same but...I rode over to a friends house to go riding. While I was waiting for him to com out I would hear what sounded like a very weak alarm for a few seconds then it would quit. This repeated about every 15 seconds. After a bit it sounded for 5 to ten seconds and I determined it was from the fuel cap, it was just venting. :? :p It was VERY hot that day. Had me worried until I connected the sound and where it was coming from.

Fatcat

P

·
0 Posts
gas smell

i had the same thing happen to me,my vulcan was in my garage and i could here a noise ,drove the dog wild,finally figured it out , showed the dog and now everthing is cool.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts