Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went into my local metric dealer yesterday to look at some of the new 08s... almost the entire floor was covered with kids minibikes and kid sized 4 wheelers.... dirt bikes for everyone from 2 years old and up. My guess is that there were at most 15 adult bikes out, with only 1 goldwing(usually 75-100 bikes and 6-8 goldwings). What a disappointment.

Is it like this everywhere, or do I just live in an area of rich spoiled kids who get expensive Christmas presents? What about us spoiled adults?

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
They put on the floor what they think will sell. Our shop is so dead I can hardly keep myself from falling into a coma most days!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
People have too much money. Those of us who don't tend to notice. ;)

We're in for a world of hurt when this generation grows up, I think.

·
Registered
340 Posts
it's close to Christmas. Maybe the dealers think it is more likely that someone will buy a kid a bike for Christmas than a a bike for themselves?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's close to Christmas. Maybe the dealers think it is more likely that someone will buy a kid a bike for Christmas than a a bike for themselves?
Yes, thats the point. The 4 year old gets a motorcycle? One guy was in the shop looking to buy the 4th bike for his kid. I mean, it looked like they planed to sell hundreds of them. When they are 16, they will expect their parents to buy a new car for them as well, even if the parents are driving an old one.

I teach school for a living in a prosperous area of NC and I see it all the time. Basically good kids, but they have had everything they wanted bought for them. Most have never experienced having to save their money for something they wanted... they get it NOW. They really don't see the whole relationship between working and getting stuff... stuff just comes to them, like breathing air.

When they ask me why my high school senior and 20 year old college student don't have cars, I tell them its because they can't afford them yet. They seriously give me a blank stare like they don't understand what I'm talking about. They know that I could afford to buy it for them, so why should the kids have to afford anything?

OK, tired of being scrooge. I don't really think its always bad to buy stuff for your kids. It's just that it is WAY overdone. I think I'll go out and buy a Christmas Tree.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another reason why Meangreen is the MAN!!! Head and priorities are straight.
Absolutely! Let the kids go hungry. Daddy needs a new set of hard bags.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts