Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Perpetual Motion
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Repainting the bike this winter and I'm working on the layout that I'll be reproducing on my tank and fenders. I have most of the tank organized and working on the rear fender.

I want to put a hottie on the fender as the focal point of that piece. They'll be artwork that ties the tank/fenders together, but really wanted a hot sorceress tied into the design. I have her completed and I've very pleased. However, while she's not totally nude, she's wearing a suggestive outfit and there is a part of one nipple exposed.

Here's the question: Do you find this offensive on bikes you've seen if the work's been tastefully done?

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
I don't find it distasteful as long as it shows some class. I would prefer seeing that on a bike as compared to the doomsday skulls and crossbones.

·
Black, Chrome, & Leather
108 Posts
No.
But either way,
sometimes offensive is just fine.
You gotta veer off the line once in a while and shake people up. It's one of the same principles rock and roll was founded on. Elvis, Jerry Lee, The Rolling Stones, Kiss.
You'd be in good company.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,386 Posts
you gonna go pinup style? gargoyle evil style? scifi-fantasy? expand on your idea a bit

·
Registered
966 Posts
Hey G, I wouldnt worry about what others think, but No I would not think that at all. I Might drool and wish I did that with Mine. What does the Misses say, I would go off of what she thought But I think it would look great.

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
I'm with Lobo & Bill! And like Carlo, considering the source, I know it'll be great & very classy work! About the only people that might be offended will be ones who know nothing about art or the anti bikers.

I say go for it!! :biggrin:

Haven't talked at ya in a bit, you & Miss Sandy doin OK? Is your riding season gone? I'm riding down to the OBX next week for the week of T'giving. Supposed to get up into the 60's & clear!:biggrin: 8)

·
Registered
275 Posts
No issues here. Sounds good.

BTW I was considering a new paint job to my 06 Nomad. I have no clue what a new paint job costs. Can anybody give me a ballpark figure? No detailed artwork, probably just a solid color. Thx.

·
Non Omnis Moriar
7,812 Posts
It's your bike, if you like it, do it. I personally think motorcycles and aircraft are the perfect canvas for that kind of artwork.

·
2005 V2K
1,509 Posts
I love the tastefully done work. Something I would consider if I had to re-paint. You don't seem like the kind of guy that would really care what anyone else thinks. (as long as the wife's OK with it) Go for it!;)

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
No issues here. Sounds good.

BTW I was considering a new paint job to my 06 Nomad. I have no clue what a new paint job costs. Can anybody give me a ballpark figure? No detailed artwork, probably just a solid color. Thx.
how much is a can of krylon? j/k that depends on the color the prepwork and are you going to just take the tins in or the whole bike? as to price i have no idea but i know the prep is most of it:shock:

·
Father Guidosarducci
565 Posts
I am looking at doing the same thing almost but a Black Widow girl only some nudeness. I found a sick picture of one and I think it would look the nuts on the rear fender of my custom. and then kind of match it on the tank with variants.

Good thing a friend of my owns a shop with a state-of-the-art booth. Too bad I couldn't get a stencil that would come off easy so I can see it before I make it real.

Anyways, we are going to want to see pics when its done Impact and gl with it.

1 - 20 of 170 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.