Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
This snow has got to go!
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way to my blackjack-dealing job in Fargo, I saw a motorcycle rider. This is unusual because it was -12, pitch back, on a major surface street (3x3) and the road is at least 80% covered in ice.

The bike looked like a Triumph Tiger and had a sidecar.

I thought 2 things at the same time.

1. That guy is crazy and I'm going to read about him in the obit's soon.

2. I'm a huge **kitty** compared to that guy.

Hard core or idiot... who knows.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I did see a scooter rider locally, and it's been c. -5 degrees celsius, nowhere as cold but two wheels. If it has a bag of sand in the sidecar, and two wheel drive like some of them have, it could be survivable, perhaps.

·
This snow has got to go!
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That thought has occurred to me but sleds at least have the ability to heat special protective wear (i suppose he could have rigged something) and the seat is heated as are the handgrips.

Anyway, you can't ride a sled down 13th Ave and even if you could it would be suicide. Cars smack each other around here all the time on the icy roads.

·
Registered
241 Posts
We just had 6" of snow in Indy and a guy was riding in the midst of it, long before the streets were clear, on a bike with those training wheel like add ons. The temps were high teens but the roads were still snowy. Hats of to him. I am guessing he has lots of electric heated gear.

rick

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,317 Posts
Well good (heated) gear takes care of the temps...the side car gives him the stability to not have to worry about ice (any more so than in a car anyway)...and uh, lights tend to work very well at night ;)

But yeah...thats a bit more on the crazy side than I am.

·
We need a Sarcasm Font!
3,864 Posts
Isn't that why you have a sidecar rig, so you can ride in the slicky weather? Granted, the cold would keep me in, but some folks (make that MOST folks) do cold better than I do.

·
'06 1500 Anniversary
64 Posts
That guy has been riding through the last few winters in Fargo. Every once in a while he makes the news - usually when its really cold or after a good snow fall. I have seen him a few times and it still amazes me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.