Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ring great and when they went to start hit the server twice consecutively and thud.... Check the electrical it’s good starter set annoyed battery start switch all good checked for Hydro lock condition good taking the clutch cover off And the other side with the pick up coil’s wondering which way the motor rotates I’m assuming counterclockwise and if anyone knows what I should do next as far as what I need to do or where I should look to get the motor to rotate would be much appreciated

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Have you removed the spark plugs and tried the starter?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Did you short across the contacts of the starter solenoid? That will take all of the bikes wiring out of the start circuit. Only the battery and starter. Do it with the tank off and plugs out. Starter solenoid control gets power from the battery, -key switch,- kill switch,- start button,- then the relay box. The ground from the relay box goes to the clutch switch then to ground with the lever pulled in or to the kickstand and neutral switches with the clutch lever out. The relay box start relay controls the power to the start solenoid.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you short across the contacts of the starter solenoid? That will take all of the bikes wiring out of the start circuit. Only the battery and starter. Do it with the tank off and plugs out. Starter solenoid control gets power from the battery, -key switch,- kill switch,- start button,- then the relay box. The ground from the relay box goes to the clutch switch then to ground with the lever pulled in or to the kickstand and neutral switches with the clutch lever out. The relay box start relay controls the power to the start solenoid.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I’ve done all of this I said I tested the starter I also tried to turn the bike manually to no avail

·
944 Posts
It sounds like the engine may be seized. How did the engine sound the last time it was running? Did you try pulling in the clutch while turning it over manually?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It sounds great but it’s definitely seized in someway or another I can only see to Two of the connecting rod through the oil pan opening And don’t apply to much pressure on the timing nut because I’m afraid I’m gonna sheer the pin

·
Registered
90 Posts
If it hydro locked when you hit the starter it is possible to bend a connecting rod far enough that it will prevent the engine from turning over. Check out concours.org, Shoodaben Engineering or youtube concours hydro lock. That would be the clunk you heard. Simple test for bent rod is to put a screw driver into each plug hole and measure the depth to the piston. 1 & 4 should be the same and 2 & 3 the same. It is easiest to do at TDC but you can't turn the engine so you may need a longer screw driver to reach the pistons.

·
Registered
90 Posts
If you can turn it over with the starter gas will blast out of the spark plug hole. When you can't turn it over it might just evaporate or leak past the rings when they moved to a different position during the start attempt.

But yes you should notice the gas smell or have a wet plug.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts