Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vulcan 800 Classic
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright folk, im interested in putting an air intake on my bike before the spring riding season. Yammahoppy has given me a link where he disscussed the air intake.... I'd just like to see who else has this intake and how do you like it. I notice that Kuryakyn make a hi-five intake that takes air from the sides and the end of the intake. What are your guys thoughts on this? better or worse than the OAS. they are gonna end up costing about the same from what i've read by yammahoppy......

Thats it for now, thanks for any help!

·
Vulcan 800 Classic
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got a pm tonight with this website-Shermscycleproducts.com this is a place you can buy the whole thing as a kit and maybe save some guys alot of time and money......

Thank you again bluestringer and yammahoppy for your information

·
Registered
612 Posts
I have it on my bike. The power is awesome, but my MPG is low at 30.... Others say their mpg is around 40, so I cant figure out what the problem is. Maybe its the different fuel we get here in Australia?

·
Vulcan 800 Classic
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so your saying you lost mpg with this setup????????? Im getting 40-50 on my bike right now....

·
Vulcan 800 Classic
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bringing this back to the top..... I know theres gotta be more guys on here with this mod with more info on performance and mpg!

·
Rebel Rider
3,646 Posts
I have it on my bike. The power is awesome, but my MPG is low at 30.... Others say their mpg is around 40, so I cant figure out what the problem is. Maybe its the different fuel we get here in Australia?

What's your jetting and setup? You should actually gain or at least stay the same with your gas mileage.

·
Registered
681 Posts
The one thing I will say about going the OAS route is it allows you to run almost any aftermarket HD (CV carb ones) air cleaner on it. I dont know if this is true with the Hi-Five. I put the Dragtron 2 on mine but you can run any one you want that has the correct bolt pattern.

·
Vulcan 800 Classic
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Biker Dave what did you get before you installed the OAS? I just can't beleive you would lose 10+mpg from an airfilter setup. Maybe your riding it alot harder than you use to?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts