Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there ride through OCALA NATIONAL FOREST , heading out that way in Mar , just wondering if it would be good riding . MOTORCYCLE ROADS US has 1 road listed SR19 , any thing in there to stop and see ?

·
Registered
445 Posts
You'll have fun. I am not sure exactly about SR 19 but I've driven through it on 40 going to Daytona Beach countless times. The ride is boring sometimes, with small areas with neat stuff to see along the way. Lots of construction once you get to the eastern side of the forest. But that's all on 40. WATCH OUT FOR ANIMALS! Theres gunna be tonnnns. Have fun! I live right by the forest :) its pretty.

·
Live Long & Prosper
556 Posts
Anyone out there ride through OCALA NATIONAL FOREST , heading out that way in Mar , just wondering if it would be good riding . MOTORCYCLE ROADS US has 1 road listed SR19 , any thing in there to stop and see ?
I have driven through there in a car but not on motorcycle. IIRC it was a lot of rural roadway passing through endless pine trees. Stopping to see Alexander Springs would be nice, especially if you've never seen a large natural spring before. You can swim if you like, the water is gin clear and 72 degrees year round. There is also good camping and hiking.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
LOVE the forest. we ride it all the time. theres an indian reservation somewhere in there , tons of nature and animals (saw a bear and two cubs on sunday a while back) straight cruisin roads and curveys too. have fun

·
Riding daily
4,688 Posts
It is beautiful. I've been swimming in the springs and they're amazing!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts