Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Old Man Riding
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - this is dumb, and we just joke about it, but we are all in harmony on our thoughts about it. I just wondered what you guys think.

Here's the deal: At work, we have parking garages, or meters on the streets. We can park our bikes for free on the sidewalks, etc as long as it's 'out of the way'. Numerous guys that I work with all park their bikes in the garage next door in certain areas where cars can not park. Well - last week a 3-wheel bike shows up, and we start joking about how they should park where the cars park, and not take up 2 bike spots. Of course we were just joking, and he still parks there daily taking up 2 spots, but it does make you go "hmmmmm?". I guess I should add that parking is expensive, and to park in this specific garage requires that you work here at least 20 years, or be a doctor / nurse - or ride a bike and park along the edges where it's not possible to park a car.

Anyway - should it matter that he's riding a 3-wheeler with a reverse just like a car, and still parking where bikes can park? I just found it odd that all the other bike riders say the same thing about this 3-wheeler. As weather gets nicer, and the garage gets crowded with bikes, I'm sure someone will complain about him. What do you think?

·
Time to Ride
7,572 Posts
I would go with yes...........the idea of the bike parking is that we can put 4 to 5 bikes in one parking slot, a 3 wheeler takes up room like a car, so should be treated like one in that regards

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
well, technically its not a "bike" as bike is short for bicycle, bi- meaning 2. hes on a trike, or tricycle, tri- meaning 3. so no, he shouldnt park in the bike parking IMO.

of course, maybe im just being overly technical about it :)

·
Carbon Based Life Form
1,180 Posts
I vote for car. A motorcycle endorsement is not needed for a three wheeler in CA or NV or most other states as they are classed as a car.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I with the crowd that says nope, not a motorcycle. Unless you need a special endorsement it's not classified as such. One of the reasons allot of people buy the Can Am Spyder.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
trikes are treated like cars.
hence no need to wear a helmet.
they can't filter, don't fit in a bike space so should park where cars park.

tell em to park somewhere else so that motorcycles can park in the motorcycle spots.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts