Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My turn signals have a mind of thier own. I was riding the other day when my indicator light for my turn signal started flashing quicker to let me know one of the lights was failing. Then all the singals went out all together. But the strange thing is that a little later they all came back on! Now they are off a again and I'm trying to figure out whats going on. The headlight still works fine and I checked a few of the wires. Any particular places I can check that would cause something like this? I'm pretty sure its all wiriing and not any bad bulbs.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Possibly a bad connection, or a short. Did you give it a bath recently?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, no water on this bike for quite a while. I pulled the fuses and they look good. I'm definitely trying to look for bad wires, anyone know a good place to look?

·
Registered
487 Posts
if you have a service manual you can trace the wiring and look for spots that have worn thru the insulation or check bad connections

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For future reference here was what was wrong. My blinker module had broken off from its holding position and slapped my chain a couple of times. I was pretty lucky it didn't come off and lodge somewhere bringing me to a sreeching halt. If I tap on the module the blinkers work, looks like I just need to replace it now. Anyone have a parts bike?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts