Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks guys....I like how you have changed your expectations on "Off Topic." I think it was getting a little out of hand on some of those threads, including mine...I will keep it toned down.
Keep up the great work on the forum!! :wink:

Kelly

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
I just noticed that myself. Hopefully we can help keep this place clean and open to all age groups. I'd prefer not offend anyone (aside from squids)

·
Registered
272 Posts
And just how did things change other than the post Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:14 pm about board rules and making Freakinout a moderator????

The "new" board rules are nothng new as they are just every day "rules" in life. Every form I visit they are ineffect & on some boards even stronger rules.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RampRat said:
And just how did things change other than the post Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:14 pm about board rules and making Freakinout a moderator????

The "new" board rules are nothng new as they are just every day "rules" in life. Every form I visit they are ineffect & on some boards even stronger rules.
....And your point is.....??? :roll:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Freakinout said:
RampRat said:
How did things change :idea: :idea: :idea: :p
They will be different.
dif·fer·ent ( P ) Pronunciation Key (dfr-nt, dfrnt)
adj.

Unlike in form, quality, amount, or nature; dissimilar: took different approaches to the problem.
Distinct or separate: That's a different issue altogether.
Various or assorted: interviewed different members of the community.
Differing from all others; unusual: a different point of view.

adv.
In a different way or manner; otherwise: “Carol... didn't know different until Elinor told her” (Ben Brantley).

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

all this recent activity with the board is only normal growing pains as the board usage grows
up until now the number or registered users has been stable,but in the last few months
it has grown quite a bit-we have been somewhat relaxed as to the rules because we've
had no real problems-but to curtail any it is time to make clear to all new folks how
beartooth wants to run this board-no reflection on any one person just time to adjust
to keep things running smoothly :wink:

·
Registered
458 Posts
RampRat said:
I am having a real problem getting the brain going this a.m.. Can someone point me to the post Rat talks about above. I missed it and search doesn't seem to find it. No luck browsing around either.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
All we are trying to do is to make clear the type of board we are trying to run.

Not really any new rules are in effect but we will be trying to keep a tighter rein on the site.

We have let slide some stuff in the past that went slightly beyond what we were hoping for in terms of content, be it language or some members putting down others or certain photos or even cartoons.

Problem is that allowing one member an extra inch of leeway opens the door to the next member taking it an inch further. So before we get a mile off track we've decided to tighten up the followups and take action if necessary should anything arise in the future.

Although some members in our opinion have gone overboard in especially the last week we have not taken any actions to remove them from the board because we feel that our administration of the site was lacking.

The site owner and Admin Kawi no longer has the time to keep an eye on the site and has asked me to fill in as site Admin. I named freakinout moderator in order to create a team with Bikeaholic and I in order to insure the site continues to grow into the type of site we are aiming for.

So please don't consider the changes made this week as the formation of a possie out to get any particular member but rather as a managerial reorganisation.

Now let's get back to motorcycles.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I've been spanked & will try to behave better in the future :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts