Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
5421 - 5440 of 5463 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,113 Posts
No, definitely not my first bike, I've been riding about 8yrs now, and I wanted something for the longer rides and riding 2up with the wife. ITS AN AMAZING MACHINE! I just cant wait till the break in is over.
Super sport touring baby, the only way to travel!! My FJR is creaping up on 98,000 miles. But it's been 9 yrs, I'm a little slow...... This is a pic of brand new the day I picked it up with zero miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New Member In Tidewater Virginia

Hey all, Rick here in Williamsburg. I'm pretty new to biking; bought a 2011 Suzuki Boulevard S40 in March, took the MSF class to get licensed (at age 60) and have been riding within 60 miles of home ever since. Til this week when I took the S40 some 200 miles to the Blue Ridge Mts of west Virginia and spent a day riding the ridiculously beautiful and fun roads therein. Had a great time and got back home this afternoon.......

...though not before stopping at a Kawasaki dealer in Richmond and plunking down a deposit on a 2017 Vulcan 900 Classic LT! They did not have one, but a nearby dealer did so they went and took it off their hands, brought it to their shop and it is being made ready for me to pick up as soon as tomorrow! I'm excited! Can't say enough for that S40, but this Vulcan puts me in a whole different class of riding, as I'm sure I don't have to tell you!

So.....I'll be checking in these forums and participating some when I get my bearings. ciao & thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
New guy

Hey all,

Just picked up a 1975 KZ400 project bike. It's in good shape already, just needs some TLC. Also there is some engine noise. Any tips for what I should check first? When I get the video of it running. I'll upload the link.

Thanks for the help,
Bill

·
Registered
7 Posts
Howdy all,
Long time rider first time Kawasaki owner. Bought a well preserved 1976 KZ400. Runs smoothly and everything seems to work as it should. 2 new tires are in order and I'd like to source an original 2 into 2 NOS exhaust for the Kerker exhaust on it that interferes with the kick starter. Need some NOS grips too. Looks like those can be had on EBay. Anyway, reminds me of my CB500T from back in the day. Planning minimal resto and drive as-is!

Dr Phil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi folks.

Just bought a 2011 Vulcan 900 Custom. Arrives in five days, so I'm spending my time hopping from foot to foot like a kid before Christmas. It's been twenty five years or so since I rode, not counting the training I did over the last few months to get my license, so it's been a long time coming.

I live in Edinburgh, Scotland, and we have some fantastic roads in this country. Can't wait to get out on them, bad weather or not.

Cheers!

Chris

·
Registered
1 Posts
G’day from Western Australia!
I have owned a 2001 VN250 Eliminator for the last few years, and have finally decided to upgrade.
I just bought a 2006 VN900 Classic off a friend, with very low mileage (approx. 40,000 km) and in good condition for its age.
Can’t wait until I finally pick it up this coming Sunday!
Cheers!
Alex

Attachments

·
chasing wind
1 Posts
I want to announce my membership to this KZ forum and hope to learn alot about my two projects. 1979 and 1983 kz1000s. I am looking forward to building webfriends with comon interests in customizing,fabricating and bringing old bikes like mine back to its glory.

·
Registered
2 Posts
G’day from Western Australia!
I have owned a 2001 VN250 Eliminator for the last few years, and have finally decided to upgrade.
I just bought a 2006 VN900 Classic off a friend, with very low mileage (approx. 40,000 km) and in good condition for its age.
Can’t wait until I finally pick it up this coming Sunday!
Cheers!
Alex
Very Nice bike Alex, you should enjoy the h*** :)roll:) out of it.

·
Super Moderator
11,113 Posts
Hey Black Douglas,

How's that Vulcan 900? I too have a black 900 Custom, I also have a white 1700 Vaquero, and my family came from Edinburgh!

Ride On
David the Bruce
Have you had your 900 long? Many miles? I have a co-worker who is looking for something in the 900 cc range and I've relayed the stator and belt tension things. Anything else I might pre-warn him about?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello Folks
I'm Duncan. Started riding in August 2016 ago with a trip accross Canada to deliver my son to University on the other side . He was riding a old KZ440 that he bought for $600 .I bought a V-star 1100 from the neigbor. Thats how much we knew.
The the KZ is still there . I brought the V-Star home and got another identical KZ440 ltd for my wife who has taken up riding as well . Also picked up a Honda XL350R that I have dreams of making a bit of a scrambler out of.
Steadily making improvments to all three bikes some customizations but I like the stock look especially on the KZ.
Learning lots and getting rid of any excess cash I thought I might of had along the way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
New guy from the Portland OR area

Hey guys, My name is Chris. I've owned Harley's my whole life and I recently sold my 2007 Dyna Street Bob and picked up a 2001 KZ1000P.

So far I love the bike but it's down currently for some maintenance stuff and some mods.

I should have it back together within the next week or so.

Anyway, I'm glad to be part of this great community.

-Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello,

I just registered a couple days ago. I have had 9 other bikes with most being endoro's or what they now call dual sports. I wrecked my 2016 CBR500R last November as the front end washed out in a turn going about 40 mph and I slid on the pavement but walked away. My previous bike was a 2008 KLR 650 which I sold with 53,000 miles.

I had thoughts of taking the year off but recently bought my second Kawi, a 2018 Ninja 650 KRT. Like my other bikes, it will be my commuter bike to work and running errands. I don't ride much recreationally so this is my main transportation during the season ending in November.

5421 - 5440 of 5463 Posts