Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
5441 - 5460 of 5463 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hi, James from the UK here. I have a 1990 zzr600 which I commute on and adore.
Hi James from another UK member. I had a brand new ZZR600 in 1990; it was awesome after my Z650. I clocked 155mph on it which was something else for a 600 back then. I remember a local bike mechanic saying to me that any engine that had a 14,000rpm redline wouldn’t last!
I rode it to the Bol d’Or every year until I replaced it with a new ZX9R in 1998.

Great bikes which are ridiculously underpriced at the moment. My mate replaced the shock and fork springs with Proflex kit (after John Reynolds won the super sport 600 title) which made the bike even better.

Enjoy

·
Registered
319 Posts
Howdy people, I'm new here too, just joined today, May 12 2020.
Call me Alex_GPz. I'm a big GPz 750 fan but also have a 87 GPX 750R.
Let me know if you have a complete gas tank for a '83 GPz 750, I might be interested.
Bye for now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Jay from Cincinnati I have what I think is a 78 KZ 1000 still trying to determine
The only thing that I know for sure is that it's a 78 and 1000cc it has a 19" front and a 16" rear set of mags I want to get it back close to OEM as I can. It has a extended swing arm it but I want to replace it with a stock one to get started. I will pull the motor here in a bit but I want to get the chassis back right before I start getting it powder coated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm Tony, from North Carolina. Been interested in dirt bikes (all brands) since I was a kid but have never owned one and I'm trying to convince my parents to allow me to purchase a used bike until I can afford a new one (I'm a mildly disabled 46-year-old with Cerebral Palsy & Hydrocephalus).

·
Super Moderator
11,113 Posts
Hi Tony and welcome, from another NC-ian. I'm in Asheboro, near the zoo.

I can see your parents' unwillingness for you to have a bike. As a parent it's too easy to overprotect our kids. Have you considered a more stable platform like a small 4 wheeler? They might feel better about it.

5441 - 5460 of 5463 Posts