Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
jerkybear's Vulcan
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek: I had only ridden approx 3 miles from my house, was in a slight turn, and had oncoming traffic. I went from high beams to low beams with Kawi driving lights and then nothing! I quickly flipped my lights on bright and they came back on. I waited til I got to a stretch of straight road and flipped back on the dims without problems. Has only happened once, but that was enough for a lifetime. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Had a cracked seal-beam on the kz. Rode it to work (about 15 miles through the city). Low beam went out on the way in at 8:00 PM. driving home at 2:00 AM high beam went out. Still had about 12 miles to get home. Ran through alot of side streets and tried to avoid any traffic. Lucky not much traffic that time of night.

·
Premium Member
2,603 Posts
Its electrical gremlins like that -that makes me glad I put my accessory lighting on a seperate circuit/fuse/switch from the factory wiring. Not as elegant a solution as most, but much easier to trouble shoot and in most situations only one setup will go down at a time...

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
Its electrical gremlins like that -that makes me glad I put my accessory lighting on a seperate circuit/fuse/switch from the factory wiring. Not as elegant a solution as most, but much easier to trouble shoot and in most situations only one setup will go down at a time...
Yeah I wired my light bar seperate from the main headlight too.

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
:eek: I had only ridden approx 3 miles from my house, was in a slight turn, and had oncoming traffic. I went from high beams to low beams with Kawi driving lights and then nothing! I quickly flipped my lights on bright and they came back on. I waited til I got to a stretch of straight road and flipped back on the dims without problems. Has only happened once, but that was enough for a lifetime. Has anyone else had this problem?
Glad you came out OK. Who installed the lights? If it was your dealer, than a phone call and redo is well deserved.

·
jerkybear's Vulcan
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad you came out OK. Who installed the lights? If it was your dealer, than a phone call and redo is well deserved.
Thanks, luckliy my brights came on. As far as the install goes, well, ummmmmmm, well,.............I did it. I guess my fate is in my hands. I think when I take the bike in for the next check up, I have them check and make sure nothing is grounding out or something. I don't claim to be a mechanic. Thanks, Craig

1 - 6 of 6 Posts