Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok ... going to try to have another ride this Sunday. Nomadinator, John and myself are a go so far. John needs to pick some stuff up at Iron Pony so looks like it could be the meeting place. Thinking of meeting there at 10am. Open to suggestions as to where to ride. All are welcome as always.

·
Swingin like a monkey
814 Posts
Looks like it's going to be a chilly, but otherwise beautiful day!! Iron pony's 10 mins. from my house, so that would be perfect for me.

·
Made it to first gear
103 Posts
Ok, I am new here, so where is Iron Pony? Im interested, but a little apprehensive.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Ok, I am new here, so where is Iron Pony? Im interested, but a little apprehensive.
Jay, you are 120 miles from the meet point.

Straight up Rt 33 then take the east by-pass around columbus. More than likely, we will be heading back down your way towards Hocking Hills area. You can peel off when we get down there if you like.

It would be good to meet you!

·
Swingin like a monkey
814 Posts
Yeah, it's just a really big MC/ATV superstore, w/ a Yamaha dealership attached. They tend to be a bit on the pricey side, but fun on occassion to shop around in. It's the best walk-in motorcycle store i've found, though, I was actually there earlier today picking up oil and filters.

Bonus note: If you spend $150 you get a free t-shirt. (btw, the shirt is $5 to just buy it. Live and learn I guess! :) )

·
Made it to first gear
103 Posts
Sounds like fun. Do you have the physical address. I may be able to talk a friend into riding up also, since he has been talking about the place all winter.

·
Swingin like a monkey
814 Posts
5436 Westerville Road
Westerville, OH 43081-8939
(614) 901-7669

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
Yeah, it's just a really big MC/ATV superstore, w/ a Yamaha dealership attached. They tend to be a bit on the pricey side, but fun on occassion to shop around in. It's the best walk-in motorcycle store i've found, though, I was actually there earlier today picking up oil and filters.

Bonus note: If you spend $150 you get a free t-shirt. (btw, the shirt is $5 to just buy it. Live and learn I guess! :) )
Times have changed. Its used to be 100.

I am on the fence right now as for showing. Give me a day or two to know for sure.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If the wife and I get done with the house this weekend we will try to make if over, Iron Pony is 5 min from us. Hopefully see you guys there!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Well I hadn't had the bike out since our ride on April 3rd, and since I got caught in the rain I figured I'd clean her up and ride to work today with the weather being nice and all. So after work yesterday I went to take her out for a wash and :shock:

View attachment 35222

Yep doggone tire is flat on the bottom;) I tried to use one of those mini pumps to see if it would even hold air, no luck had to put it away flat. Blessing or Bummer. Blessinig - I wasn't riding when it went all the way down, Bummer - I'm going to have to trailer it to the shop or take the back wheel off and get it to the shop (I'm not much of a wrencher) either way I'm down for a while til I get a tire and tube. With the way the wind was blowing things around that Saturday we rode not sure what I might have run over?

I guess I'll have to call the 750 back to service. I was gonna ride it today but the battery was weak and it wouldn't start.

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
Well I hadn't had the bike out since our ride on April 3rd, and since I got caught in the rain I figured I'd clean her up and ride to work today with the weather being nice and all. So after work yesterday I went to take her out for a wash and :shock:

View attachment 35222

Yep doggone tire is flat on the bottom;) I tried to use one of those mini pumps to see if it would even hold air, no luck had to put it away flat. Blessing or Bummer. Blessinig - I wasn't riding when it went all the way down, Bummer - I'm going to have to trailer it to the shop or take the back wheel off and get it to the shop (I'm not much of a wrencher) either way I'm down for a while til I get a tire and tube. With the way the wind was blowing things around that Saturday we rode not sure what I might have run over?

I guess I'll have to call the 750 back to service. I was gonna ride it today but the battery was weak and it wouldn't start.
Like you said. At least it went flat in the garage. But that really sucks!!

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
That must hurt!:shock:
LMAO... Its not like its barbed wire. Ok. As long as grandma isn't working and I can send Savannah over I'll be going. I think this ride is a little too chilly to bring her. Should find out today.

Alan do you want to take the state routes down there? If so we can take 60 to Loudonville and 3 the rest of the way there. It should take about an hour and a half to hour 45 depending on traffic in northern columbus. Its about 78 miles from the Marathon we met at last week.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts

View attachment 35222

your wife must not have believed ya went riding with us after all......:lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 153 Posts