Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic and when it was delivered by the dealer it had no gas in it for transportation reasons but I just check the oil and there is no oil in it that I can see or feel. I stuck my finger in and felt all around inside and didn't feel and oil.
There is also no dip stick attached to the oil cap. When I stuck my finger in I did not see where there would be any room for a dip stick. How are you suppose to know how much oil is actually in it?
My prior bike was a Suzuki Intruder and it had a glass window like on the the break fluid reserve so that you could actually see when the oil was low.
How do you check your oil?
Thanks
Thomas

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
OMG dont start this into an oil thread. lol The best oil is CLEAN oil. Just do a search for "oil" or best oil or something like that here. I think there is no less than 10.
Best bet on checking your oil on your bike if you dont have a friend that will come over and crawl on the ground to tell you where its at or you let him sit on the bike and you look is to get a inspection mirror. One of those from the parts store that is like a small mirror on a stick. And I took a black sharpie or paint pen and marked the high and low marks next to the site glass to make it a little easier to tell if the oil was within limits. Good luck and enjoy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts