Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to change my My oil but bolt so round of any good suggestion how to remove

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
If the bolt head is sticking out, vise grip pliers, or grind two sides flat and use an adjustable wrench. If the head is sunk in and you use an allen head or something similar that will be a lot harder.

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
Large vice grips. and tap it with a hammer to spin it if necessary. just in case. be sure to turn the bolt in the correct direction. you never know sometimes, but some guys get it wrong since the oil drain plug is under the motorcycle.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will give that a try .the way I determine the with my drill direction that is good way yes or no THANKS I will let you how it works

·
Super Moderator
10,651 Posts
I will give that a try .the way I determine the with my drill direction that is good way yes or no THANKS I will let you how it works
Righty tighty, lefty loosey. When looking directly at the head of the bolt, counterclockwise loosens.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You might try a pipe wrench. They are designed to work on round pipes, and bite harder the more you pull. Did you get a new drain plug to replace it?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I just wanted to get it out frist I might have to use a dremel tool get two flat sides, going know where with a file

·
Registered
58 Posts
A Weil Adjustamatic 8" speed wrench will usually take out rounded-off bolts or nuts that size if you have room to get it on there.

The 6" also works great on brake line nuts etc. the larger wrench sizes are good for iron pipe fittings etc. The 3-surface grip is key to how they work. Harder you pull, the more the teeth dig in.

Several on Ebay now: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Weil-8-Adjustamatic-Speed-Wrench/293203385705?hash=item4444489d69:g:f5YAAOSwz~ZdZV5x

There are several other companies making similar ones now.

The other suggestions are also good.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have anyone use a pneumatic exacuator to remove remove their oil ? I got one that came in today let me know if you have thanks
top.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts