Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Mean Streak has started leaking some fuel or oil around the oil filler plug on the RHS. It's only slight streaking down the chrome engine cover and rearwards along the exhaust pipe. It's such a small amount as to make it difficult to identify if it's fuel or oil although I'd imagine fuel would not leave a oily residue once dry. I initially thought it may be fuel from my newly fitted BAK aircleaner which is right above the trail. It never had this leaking with the Hypercharger but could be coincidence.
Anyone had similar experience?
Cheers

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
No I have not. Did you try a new plug?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't think it's the plug itself but the oil trail starts around that general area.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
I have to wonder if it is due to the change out? Sounds too coincidental...doesn't it?

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have noticed that once. It was about 5 minutes after I changed the oil.
After adding oil, it is a good idea to clean the threads around the area where the oil plug fits into. You may have gotten some oil on the threads while pouring, and/or removing the funnel. The stock plug requires a bit of fiddling to get it to seat in the threads (high number pitch). While fiddling, the plug's threads picks up a drop or 2 of oil & work it to the the top of the engine case. While tightening the plug, it squeezes out onto your shiny chrome.
Ride safely

1 - 5 of 5 Posts