Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to do the clutch spring upgrade to a meanie spring for my '96 classic and was thinking that while I'm in that side of the engine I might do the oil pump gear as well I'm not sure if it was done by the PO or not. I called my local Kawi dealer and they quoted me $83.00 cdn just for the gear plus tax seems kinda high to me what have you guys been paying? I would have thought that because it was a defective engineering point Kawi would be selling them at close to cost :roll:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

i know some dealers who have changed it for nothing if its never been
opened up :roll:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oil pump gear

How difficult is it to do it? Do you have to pull the engine and split the case or can you pull it out and put in a new gear when the clutch is out?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Re: oil pump gear

Hi
The last owner of my Vulcan 1500 97,did it. It cost $900.00cdn to do.They have to take the engine out and split it.

Regards Rider

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
jog gear=JOG: Judges oil gear. An after market steel oil gear that replaces the POG without having to remove the engine or split the cases. Invented and sold by Judge on the vroc forum

http://www.vroc.org/faq/jopg/jopg.html

:wink:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Bert, my97 oil gear went south and I have to get another one. I went with the Judge's after reading all the GOOD about it and I have a mechanic I rate as the best and only one that will touch my bike (Mark Williams, MW Bikes, Humble Tx) and while it cost alittle, it was worth it. Call the Judge and talk to him for a few minutes and you'll see what I mean. Great guy.

good luck

Bill

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Bert hasn't been on the forum in over 4 years ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I saw that but I thought maybe he's seeing the messages or he's using another name but watching bert??? I don't know but thanks Rich.

97 1500 classic
Patriot Guard Rider
Retired LEO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts