Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone out there has had any trouble seein thier oil in thier VN800 thru the sight glass?? For me this is a first and I dont know whats goin on...I did the oil change like I've done many times then refilled with the usual amount, then got down to check the glass and when its on the side stand it shows normal, but when i stand it up straight it shows none. i started it ran it for a bit then checked it and same thing. I dont get it...I know theres oil in it just why aint it showin?? Thanks all....

·
900 LT
1,135 Posts
its low on oil, it needs more to show in the center of the glass while its level

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I thought that. But the manual calls for 2.9qt for an oil and filter change. So 3 qts should be the equvilant right?? As a bike ages do they require more oil, I dunno just tryin to rule out the ridiculous.

·
*NRA*
282 Posts
If yer bike is requiring more and more oil as it ages you have other issues to worry about. Was the bike on a flat surface when you leveled it? Could it be u didnt drain it all out then added the new and your sight gage was actually full but looked empty cause ya didn't see the level mark?...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was just meanin does it get a bigger belly over the years. It doesnt burn oil or at least not enough to burn off 3qts without it even bein started lol. But the levelness of my driveway is my last hope. I'll try Wal-marts out. This has driven me crazy all day.

·
Biking Old Timer
445 Posts
Just add enough oil to get it in the glass where you need it. Don't run it to Wal-Mart looking for level ground, every mile is doing damage with it low on oil. Add enough to get it in the sight glass. Just Sayin'

1 - 6 of 6 Posts