Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya all,

I actually have two questions for you all:

1) What is the easiest way to get a 1990 600r onto the center stand?

2) How do the helmet locks work? How do you attach the helmet to these locks?

Thanks,

Vaedyn

·
Registered
605 Posts
With all center stands, push down on the peg with your right foot, center the bike so that you can feel both the feet on the stand touch the ground, once I have that I hold my grab bar (unsure if you have one) and the handlebars just for stability, then you press down hard with your right foot and pull back.

2. you put the two D-Rings (metal loops) through the hook on the helmet lock and press the hook into the lock and you're set.

Stew

·
Registered
15 Posts
about the helmet hooks...
it seems to me that the helmet will rest aginast the hot exhaust pipes if i lock it in the helmet lock. is this bad?

·
NO---I ain't dead--yet
266 Posts
Get the after market exhaust that just comes out the right side---then your helmet is safe on the hook-----lol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Go for feel on getting it on the stand - and the tips here are great. Think it through, use what's been said, and don't be scared to admit that it's too unstable to pull up. Better to have failure than torn up bike.

Helmet - duct tape, and lots of it. Who needs one without sticky residue, anyway? :D

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Sand on the left side of the bike and hold handlebars. Step on the centerstand and push down - the bike should start to leverage back and pull back with your handlebars!

The helmet locks are real small and close to the bike for the D rings to be placed in. Some bike stores sell D ring extenders to make it easier to do.

·
Registered
605 Posts
on my bike I put out the right side passenger peg and the top of my helmet rests on that so it doesn't rest on my hot exhaust...I know this won't apply to you and therefore can't help you...I just thought I'd brag :p

·
Registered
103 Posts
the way i get my bike on the center stand is i do the folllowing.

1.bring down the center stand with your left foot, and press on it.
2.make sure your right leg is on the brake peg.
3.lean forward.
4.pull the handlebars back
5.press the center stand again with more umph! :lol:
6.it should work

it usually take me 2 or 3 tries before i get it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I used to have a Kawasaki Concours. Man, that thing was a major pain to get on the center stand.

·
Registered
605 Posts
pfft stem you're making it way to difficult on yourself

1. put both stand feet on the ground
2. push down with right foot on the centerstand tang
3. pull back, your body weight does most of the work

Always done in 1 try

1 - 10 of 10 Posts