Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
howdy. new to forum, just got a small 125 kawasaki dirt bike out of barn, friend of a friend deal) it is mostly complete, coil is melted at plug wire, serial # on frame is k1-503097. where could one go to find year and model # of this bike to round up parts? i,m an old fart, so thought i,d try it easy with small bike first, as ihave not ridden dirt bikes for years, actually in the 1960,s. any info sure appreciated!!!

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Welcome wildvee. good plan. You'll get better response to your question if you post it in the vintage section.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Go to a Kawasaki Dealer they should be able to find the year on a microfich or the kicks system.
It's usaly the tenth digit in the VIN. (but yours looks to short) it will tell you the year, it will be a letter. This started in the early 70s

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a KE 125 service manual which has serial numbers on it and it indicates that serial numbers K1-048101 through K1-060501 is a KE-125 A4. You can go to the Kawasaki website and look the parts section to confirm it looks like what you have. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The KE125 came after the KS125, both of which were great little bikes. I have been lucky enough to have ridden both models. The green KS was a thing of beauty and sold me on Kawasaki's, they were the forerunners of the modern dual sport. Good luck getting parts, watch ebay, the KS125 and the KE175 coils for a guess would probably be the same. Let us know how you go.

Cheers

P.S. no coil but lots of other stuff ke125, Parts Accessories, eBay Motors items on eBay.com

P.P.S. the part number for the KE125A4 coil is 21121-1047, the KS125 coil is the same p/n but the KE175 is different

P.P.P.S. Brand new manual here this shop has lots of old Kawi stuff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts