Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Introduction (like a Profile) but worse, it's way to long!
I'm Lindsey J. Angell, almost 51, live in Gardner, KS. (just south of Kansas CIty) and I have been on and off of motorcycles for the past 30years...yes, even a few Hard times. I've raced in Oahu, Hawaii, and have owned way to many bikes and never kept one from one Navy Command to another [OT(M)1] Retired, and I was in the Integrated Undersea Surveillance System (I.U.S.S.)..I worked on mainframe computers and all of their associated equipment. I returned to Kansas to my Grandfathers farm after my grandparents and parents all deceased while I was on active duty. The 10 acres is full of critters from wild turkey, fox, coyote, o'possum, white-tail deer, skunk, dove, quail, bobcat...anyway, I've always enjoyed working on bikes and ATV's. I blew three disks in my back and it took about 3 years for me to get SSDI (Social Security)and I still had to sell things that I had for toys to pay my mortgage, until I actually had help from Congressman Dennis Moore to get my SSDI paychecks started...after I had been approved by the Federal Judge, through the hearings and was about to lose the house. Now I'm seriously looking for a Kawasaki NINJA 500R. Why: I can't ride a cruiser because of my back, yet riding several cafe' bikes has been better therapy than the hospital 12 week programs...so it has to be cheaper. WHY: I have to attend Meetings for Depression, Post-traumatic stress and a slight Social anxiety disorder, once a week, and; WHY: My wife, Karen has only one kidney functioning at 13% and is on the Donor list and she uses the van to work 20 hours a week (cut-back because of her condition), and I'm then left without a vehicle for transportation. Insurance, tags, and most important Kansas Personal Property Taxes will be less on a bike than a car or a truck. I'm not asking for any handouts or freebies...I wasn't raised that way, and I would be both embarrased and insulted. Should anyone have a NINJA 500R that they don't mind selling and making the payments very low on (at least for now) then I would be really happy about it. I hope that you don't think I'm stuffy about wanting ONLY a Kawasaki, but I have some deep issues, and let me just say that the only time that a Kawasaki has let me down, it was my fault, and I was on the race track. I didn't get hurt, and neither did the bike. I have been on the trainer side of the MSF Course at various Military Commands, and I enjoy riding. Although I usually have no feelings in either my feet or legs the ghost ones work fine. I walk and I can ride, and I want to continue this as long as I can. I love riding and cleaning...and I will keep my bike clean, even park her in the barn whenever I'm at home. Told you I was long winded. IF there is ANYTHING that you want to ask me you may PM, IM, or email me or even call me direct on my phone 913-219-7614.
Lindsey J. Angell

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Long winded you are my friend. LOL

Welcome to the site.

Hope you find that Ninja, you deserve it. Wish I could do more !

Maybe we could start a bike registry sort of like when you get married. Everybody could get you a part of a bike and send it to you, you would just need to assemble it.LOL

Just kidding, you must have a good sense of humour I would imagine, people in your situation without humour are called statistics.

Keep your chin up

I'm sure if anybody reading your post knows of a good deal on one that they will let you know.

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lost in the system

Thank you Uncle BOB! Yeah, things are tough and laughing help to ease the tension sometimes. Thanks for taking the BOB/boB thing...it's fun with friends on the forum...I just had a PM from one of the guys in OLathe, a town nearby and he asked about my Windstar and my "ANGELL" tags...so I hope that I'm still in good standing when I meet him and his riding buddies. IF I get laid up and quiet for about a week......just kidding. Seriously though, Beartooth has you doing their MODERATOR thing...it should be worth a discount on service, parts or whatever...you being such a star and all...everyone on the FORUM knows who you arre...seems we have to remind them about BEARTOOTH.
I did speak to JOEY and he said that they would work on a link to them...

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Actually there is a link but you need the secret code to get to it.

Under FAQ.Search.Memberlist you can see Kawasaki Motorcycles, click on that, then on the hidden Home page you can click on Beartooth Kawasaki.

Message to John Scott, hey John can you fix it so that we can get from here to there.

ljangell, if I ever go into politics you're my pick for campaign manager.

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HUH?

So it's easier to get from there to here, just not as easy to get from here to there... uh huh...right. Where I live it's "go south 3 miles then back east 1.6 miles and the house sets on the south side of the road, you can't miss it!" I suppose if you were riding one of those fancy dual sports you could find some long ways through some pastures, creeks, and tree (hedge tree) rows...but an ATV is a bit to wide. No way I'd try it with a street bike... Beartooth owes you big...and you're probably right Joey and some of the folks there are on line ...sometimes. Thanks, Uncle Bob!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts