Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Introduction (like a Profile) but worse, it's way to long!
I'm Lindsey J. Angell, almost 51, live in Gardner, KS. (just south of Kansas CIty) and I have been on and off of motorcycles for the past 30years...yes, even a few Hard times. I've raced in Oahu, Hawaii, and have owned way to many bikes and never kept one from one Navy Command to another [OT(M)1] Retired, and I was in the Integrated Undersea Surveillance System (I.U.S.S.)..I worked on mainframe computers and all of their associated equipment. I returned to Kansas to my Grandfathers farm after my grandparents and parents all deceased while I was on active duty. The 10 acres is full of critters from wild turkey, fox, coyote, o'possum, white-tail deer, skunk, dove, quail, bobcat...anyway, I've always enjoyed working on bikes and ATV's. I blew three disks in my back and it took about 3 years for me to get SSDI (Social Security)and I still had to sell things that I had for toys to pay my mortgage, until I actually had help from Congressman Dennis Moore to get my SSDI paychecks started...after I had been approved by the Federal Judge, through the hearings and was about to lose the house. Now I'm seriously looking for a Kawasaki NINJA 500R. Why: I can't ride a cruiser because of my back, yet riding several cafe' bikes has been better therapy than the hospital 12 week programs...so it has to be cheaper. WHY: I have to attend Meetings for Depression, Post-traumatic stress and a slight Social anxiety disorder, once a week, and; WHY: My wife, Karen has only one kidney functioning at 13% and is on the Donor list and she uses the van to work 20 hours a week (cut-back because of her condition), and I'm then left without a vehicle for transportation. Insurance, tags, and most important Kansas Personal Property Taxes will be less on a bike than a car or a truck. I'm not asking for any handouts or freebies...I wasn't raised that way, and I would be both embarrased and insulted. Should anyone have a NINJA 500R that they don't mind selling and making the payments very low on (at least for now) then I would be really happy about it. I hope that you don't think I'm stuffy about wanting ONLY a Kawasaki, but I have some deep issues, and let me just say that the only time that a Kawasaki has let me down, it was my fault, and I was on the race track. I didn't get hurt, and neither did the bike. I have been on the trainer side of the MSF Course at various Military Commands, and I enjoy riding. Although I usually have no feelings in either my feet or legs the ghost ones work fine. I walk and I can ride, and I want to continue this as long as I can. I love riding and cleaning...and I will keep my bike clean, even park her in the barn whenever I'm at home. Told you I was long winded. IF there is ANYTHING that you want to ask me you may PM, IM, or email me or even call me direct on my phone 913-219-7614.
Lindsey J. Angell

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lost in the system

Thank you Uncle BOB! Yeah, things are tough and laughing help to ease the tension sometimes. Thanks for taking the BOB/boB thing...it's fun with friends on the forum...I just had a PM from one of the guys in OLathe, a town nearby and he asked about my Windstar and my "ANGELL" tags...so I hope that I'm still in good standing when I meet him and his riding buddies. IF I get laid up and quiet for about a week......just kidding. Seriously though, Beartooth has you doing their MODERATOR thing...it should be worth a discount on service, parts or whatever...you being such a star and all...everyone on the FORUM knows who you arre...seems we have to remind them about BEARTOOTH.
I did speak to JOEY and he said that they would work on a link to them...

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HUH?

So it's easier to get from there to here, just not as easy to get from here to there... uh huh...right. Where I live it's "go south 3 miles then back east 1.6 miles and the house sets on the south side of the road, you can't miss it!" I suppose if you were riding one of those fancy dual sports you could find some long ways through some pastures, creeks, and tree (hedge tree) rows...but an ATV is a bit to wide. No way I'd try it with a street bike... Beartooth owes you big...and you're probably right Joey and some of the folks there are on line ...sometimes. Thanks, Uncle Bob!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts